Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the best way to gain computer-networking experience?

Options
  • 25-11-2014 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

I work full-time in content management, but wish to leave as it's not going anyway as a career (only took the job because I was out of work anyway).

I'm currently studying the CCNA, but wish to gain more practical experience.

I tried posting a few ads on gumtree but it didn't help. I thought about doing volunteer work, but there are really any networking jobs needed.

I've thought about maybe applying for unpaid work-experience at a few telecommunication companies, but I don't want to come across as spaming people.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,118 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I guarantee you your local school does not have anyone trained on staff to manage their network. It's usually some hapless teacher who made the mistake one day in the staff room of mentioning that they knew a little bit about computers.
    You would probably have to commit to a year or so volunteering.

Advertisement