Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Claiming JSA & getting Casual work

Options
  • 25-11-2014 2:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭

Hi here is my story. I'm signed up with a Construction Agency iv got 4 days work in last 3 weeks Pay rate is only €70 day after tax costs me €30 to drive to site and back 3 hour daily drive
    I'm trying to Weigh up is it even worth the hassle.
    What happens if I don't tell SW if iv done a days work ??does it come up on the system??
    Is it worth my while going on Casual Dockets? Ideally I'd like to get full time direct employment and not trough an agency.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

SIX PACK wrote: »
    Hi here is my story. I'm signed up with a Construction Agency iv got 4 days work in last 3 weeks Pay rate is only €70 day after tax costs me €30 to drive to site and back 3 hour daily drive
    I'm trying to Weigh up is it even worth the hassle.
    What happens if I don't tell SW if iv done a days work ??does it come up on the system??
    Is it worth my while going on Casual Dockets? Ideally I'd like to get full time direct employment and not trough an agency.
    What happens is fraud.

Have a read here re Casual dockets http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/irish_social_welfare_system/means_test_for_social_welfare_payments/work_and_jobseekers_allowance.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

You need to tell SW as they will be notified by revenue and then you will be investigated. If you go on casual dockets and your gross pay is €70 per day then for every day you work €30 approx will be deducted from your payment. If you work more than 4 days you will not be entitled to any payment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

eastbono wrote: »
    You need to tell SW as they will be notified by revenue and then you will be investigated. If you go on casual dockets and your gross pay is €70 per day then for every day you work €30 approx will be deducted from your payment. If you work more than 4 days you will not be entitled to any payment.
    My gross is roughly €110 that's before travel costs PRSI USC union dues etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

Well its your gross less prsi and union dues. So a rough estimate without deduction of prsi and union dues is for everyday you work €54 will be deducted. Thats assuming €110 is per day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

Yea was in with my Citizens information officer Friday and he even said it's not financially worth your while going off the dole paying €100 week on petrol + other costs. If the work was local then it might be different story.

• Advertisement
Advertisement