Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cut off

Options
  • 25-11-2014 2:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭

Query for my boyfriend.

His jsb ran out, so he transferred to jsa.

He got a letter on Friday, telling him it's sorted, telling him his sign on date, and that his payment date is today.

He woke up to another letter this morning, saying he never filled in any forms, and has been cut off!

He filled out the forms they posted him, and dropped them in by hand and was accepted!

Is this an error? If so, how long will it take to sort? He's panicking because his rent is due tomorrow.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Th3B1tcH

Get him go in ASAP with both letters to sort.
    He maybe able also get paid by SWO while waiting (they'll stop it when sorted or he just pays them back) bring copys of any letters and details they need
    It will get sorted pretty fast but he needs act fast and try pay rent maybe get loan/overdraft if needs LL cant be left waiting.
    GL :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Th3B1tcH wrote: »
    Get him go in ASAP with both letters to sort.
    He maybe able also get paid by SWO while waiting (they'll stop it when sorted or he just pays them back) bring copys of any letters and details they need
    It will get sorted pretty fast but he needs act fast and try pay rent maybe get loan/overdraft if needs LL cant be left waiting.
    GL :)

Thanks.

He went in at 2pm. They apparently cut him off for not filling out some form. A form that was only put in the post TODAY.

They said they're not backdating the missing week (today's payment), and that he can go to the cwo on Thursday, and he'll be paid by the cwo this day next week. Which doesn't exactly help him pay his rent :/

His bank won't give him an OD because he has no income into the bank, he called them already. I've given him some money, but I don't earn enough in my job to cover his rent unfortunately.
    what a mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭DanDublin1982

What a cluster****. If he's filled his papers they sent him when he first was advised that his benefit was coming to an end then that's his application form so the claim should get taken from the date of application (but obviously in real terms the day after his benefit ends).

Any idea what form was missing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

What a cluster****. If he's filled his papers they sent him when he first was advised that his benefit was coming to an end then that's his application form so the claim should get taken from the date of application (but obviously in real terms the day after his benefit ends).

Any idea what form was missing?

Yeah, he filled them out a few weeks ago, the day he received them. Then he got a partial payment last week, and cut off today. No idea what other form he has to fill, they apparently posted it today (after cutting him off). He asked could he be given it to fill out there and then, they said no. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭DanDublin1982

Yeah, he filled them out a few weeks ago, the day he received them. Then he got a partial payment last week, and cut off today. No idea what other form he has to fill, they apparently posted it today (after cutting him off). He asked could he be given it to fill out there and then, they said no. :/

That's just awful. I'd suggest he try speak to a manager or supervisor as it's not his fault he didn't get the form.

• Advertisement
Advertisement