Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for quality original bands to record in pro studio

Options
  • 25-11-2014 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi all,
    I'm new to boards.ie, and thought this would be a useful way to locate some good local bands for recording projects.

I am part of a group taking part in an audio engineering and production course at Pulse College, located at Windmill Lane studios in Ringsend, Dublin.

Part of our course involves recording and producing bands to a professional level under the guidance of our tutors who are experienced industry veterans.
    Recording and mix sessions will take place in Studio 1, which has the reputation as one of the top audio recording facilities in Ireland, with a 60 channel Neve VR console, a range of high quality outboard equipment and live rooms. So here's the deal...

Original Bands:
    Looking for a good quality original band or musical ensemble to produce and record a demo to pro standards at Pulse College Studio 1.
    This is a great opportunity to get a professional quality demo recorded FREE of charge in a top of the line studio environment.
    Recording sessions will take place in the new year and will be mixed and mastered by students under the guidance of tutors and industry professionals.

Criteria:
    Original compositions only, no cover songs.
    Not previously recorded professionally (rough demo is fine).
    Good knowledge and level of musicianship.
    Band must be reliable and stable (ie. not going to fall apart in the meantime).
    Available for recording sessions on Saturdays (dates TBA)
    Available for possible evening sessions for overdubs and mix-down sessions if required.

Preferences:
    Ideally looking for a band with a unique and interesting sound, not the tired old country song, Irish ballad or metal shredder styles please.
    If you’re using instruments other than the usual guitar, bass, drums, vocal, even better. Brass, keys, conga, strings, lots of harmony vocals etc would be great.
    Bands with at least 4 players, up to medium sized ensembles of 10 or more people will be considered.
    Classical or chamber ensemble would also be welcome.

If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, contact me on this forum with info and links to your Facebook, website, or Soundcloud page, whatever you have.
    PS I can't give an email address. boards.ie doesn't allow this for newbies.

Cheers!

Comments

Advertisement