Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ttc- started temping - confused

Options
  • 25-11-2014 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Took my period on thu 13th nov. Missed a few days temping but confused by the results!

Thu 13nov 97.71
    Fri 14nov missed
    Sat 15nov 97.55
    Sun 16nov 93.88
    Mon 17nov missed
    Tue 18nov missed
    Wed 19nov 97.25
    Thu 20nov missed
    Fri 21nov 97.55
    Sat missed
    Sun missed
    Mon 24nov 97.21
    Today tue 96.78

I know I missed alot of days but would any one reading this know if the tempsI have taken are normal

Does the temp rise or decrease when O is takin place

Thanks so much

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭sari

There is no way to get any info from these, you need to take temp every single morning especially in the beginning so you become aware of the patterns in your cycle. These numbers are all over the place. Are you taking temp at exact same time every morning, this needs to be done before anything else you need to wake up and take temp. You need to make sure you are placing thermometer correctly into your mouth. Are you recording all other signs? Like cervical mucus? Mood swings, illness, medication all have an effect on temps. A rise in temp means that ovulation has occurred and temps will stay higher after that. So if you monitor cervical fluid you can judge when you are fertile then temp spikes and this confirms ovulation has occurred. Hope that helps

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I think Sari is correct - you need to do it in the same place at the same time - eg before you get out of bed in the morning, as I've heard that even getting up to go to the loo and then temping can alter your body temperature and therefore the resultant reading.

I found temping far too fiddly for me for this reason. Have you tried the cheapie ovulation testing strips?

So I use temping as contraceptive. I don't think temping is needed for ttc. Would be good to have a bit of a back story to help give more advice. Like how long ttc, fertility issues??

• Registered Users Posts: 18 babydreams82

I do temping along with keeping check on c.m and also using an ovulation kit.I take my temp at 7am every morning

• Registered Users Posts: 18 babydreams82

I do temping along with keeping check on c.m and also using an ovulation kit.I take my temp at 7am every morning

• Advertisement

Ok you'll get good info here http://www.naturalfamilyplanning.ie
    Also fertility friend is a great app for tracking all these details if you pay the subscription you get much more advanced features like the app will correlate all the data you enter and give you a good over view of cycle.
    You need to have had at least 4 hours uninterrupted sleep before taking temp. I found that my bedroom is quite cold in the mornings especially this time of year and it would give false readings so it helps to warm in up a bit first put it in crease of your arm and close arm to warm it up, try not to move to much. Have your thermometer right beside your bed for easy access. And lastly you need to place thermometer correctly in mouth you can Google that and then click Google images and you'll see what I mean.
    If you are not concerned about whether or not you are ovulating, ie you know you are ovulating then I don't think taking temp is really needed looking at cm will do fine and just do the deed whenever you have fertile mucous.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭lollpop

As others have said you need to take temp at exactly the same time and before you do anything, don't even get out of bed.

Also the actual temp doesn't matter it's the pattern you're looking for. You do need to do it every day, especially at the start.

Advertisement