Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top of ecig coming off

Options
  • 25-11-2014 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭

I bought a vision spinner battery when I was in England last month, love it it's a massive one and usually lasts me 2 days on full charge but the top of it has been popping out exposing the wires. It still works grand I just shove it back in, to me it seems like maybe where it was glued or whatever held it in has dissolved so it won't stick. Does anyone know someplace that may be able to repair it? I don't want to glue it myself as id be afraid of either damaging it further or somehow inhaling the glue fumes!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

If it were me I'd be throwing that battery away and buying a new one. I for one wouldn't want to be around if that thing shorts whilst you're taking a drag.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

As long as the wires are still soldered in place it's fine,a little dab of superglue will hold it.
    My wife is always dropping hers and this has happened to few of the batteries but it's a simple fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

The wires in it are perfect, I really don't want to just throw it away it was expensive enough and I haven't had it that long. I might try the superglue and see how it goes! Is there any place that does repairs oh them?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

if The wires are okay then super glue away. Be careful not to get glue on The wires though as some glues will insulate.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭pueblo

same thing happened to mine...been meaning to super glue it on.....but it's fairly secure just stuck in!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭CSU

Same happened to me...seems to be a design fault.
    The top is pressed into the larger hole, glue probably wont last long, best bet is to insert a small piece of metal (wire or something) between both pieces as you firmly press it against a hard surface l, the harder it is to press it back the harder it will be for it to pop out again....honestly though you may be safer investing in another brand/design and or sending it back for a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

It has happened to a few different brands I've had,the're just press fitted so they will come out with a fall.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭jeanrose770

I think it would just be more worth it to purchase a new one! Better safe than sorry!

Advertisement