Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

As Above, So Below

Options
  • 25-11-2014 2:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭

Did a search and couldn't find a thread for this one.

Saw it today, nothing fantastic but it had a great location and acting was also above average. Jump scares throughout but the plot is actually pretty interesting, just wish they had done more with it.

Directed by John Erick Dowdle, who also directed Quarantine and Devil. Written by him and his brother, Drew.

I'd give it a 3.

anyone else seen it, thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Cpt Sh!t Craic

I thought it was pretty great for what it was!

I like a good scare every now and then and this delivered. It was what I expected but the detail in the plot gave it an extra edge that I really enjoyed.

Would recommend!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭iba

I've seen it too. Thought it was decent enough for what it was.

I'd give it a 6 out of 10

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

Fairly good idea let down by stupid writing, and the unnecessary choice for it to be "Found" footage. It added nothing to the story, but they did get away with it a bit by having the main cameras attached to the head lights. Of course, when the main character has to run back to the start, she has a regular camera, and why she decided to take it is beyond me.

The whole philosopher's stone thing was dumb, and translating text from whatever language it was to English, only for it to rhyme like it was written by a ten year old, made me cringe. Then,
    at the very end, "The philosopher's stone was in me all along!"
    God give me strength....

I feel like the idea of journeying through Hell was wasted. The locations were awesome, though.

Advertisement