Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colleague checking work

Options
  • 24-11-2014 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering how does someone go about if they notice they are being watched in work, as in, somebody in the same office is constantly checking their work with no apparent reason, (i.e. no mistakes being done) and that person is going the extra mile in double checking and triple checking just to catch this one person out (which has never happened, as this person knows what they're doing and thy're doing a great work anyway). Both persons are able to do their job and have the same rank in the office.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭verywell

Is the other person trying to undermine their work? Has something happened that she/he feels threatened about their job?

how long has this been going on?

Have the colleague that is getting checked questioned the other person, especially if they are same ranking

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

I would ignore it, perhaps they have been told to do it or the may have an OCD problem..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭berger89

Jim2007 wrote: »
    I would ignore it, perhaps they have been told to do it or the may have an OCD problem..

i agree. I've been told before to keep an eye on fellow colleagues..even though we all do the very same thing. think coz I'm seen as being "responsible" and i get the job done, the boss knows he can trust me to keep an eye on the others.

dont stress :)

Advertisement