Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Avarice online deal

Options
  • 24-11-2014 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi there, I am sure other people will have bought something from My Avarice, through Living Social. I purchased a Kimono Doll Umbrella 7 weeks ago, and no sign of it, nor will the website respond to any of my queries. And I can see from other threads on Boards.ie that contacting Living Social is practically impossible. Has anyone received their umbrella, or a response from My Avarice?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Seanchill

Hi, yep I ordered it on 7th October. I have been chasing it since. they do not answer emails or phone. I have been to Living Social loads of times. Last correspondence, they told me it would be here in 5 working days from 12th November - still no sign. I was talking to them again today and they are trying to get a tracking number. I suspect there won't be one! The worrying thing is that I have seen this offer come up since I purchased it!

also, found this

forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4855193

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2 FranklynF

This is beginning to sound like a scam. I am going to keep harassing Living Social until I get a response as they seem to be facilitating this scam! Thanks for the response.

No worries, I will let you know if I get anywhere! Also, ask for compensation of some kind because they said they would compensate me in some way

Hi, I was just wondering if you got anywhere with the above?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Lologee

Hi,
    I had exactly the same issue. I phoned Living Social today and they refunded the cost of the 2 umbrellas immediately. However, I also paid £4.99 in postage, which is apparently up to Avarice to refund. Somehow, I don't think I'll be seeing that again in a hurry. The worst thing is that I bought the umbrellas for my niece's birthdays :-(

They ended up giving me a refund too. Even though as a matter of principle, I said that I didn't want a refund. I wanted the product no matter how long it took. But they didnt give me a choice...just emailed me to say that they couldnt resolve this and they would issue a refund. At no point dud they actually tell me what the problem was. It would be nice for them to admit that they messed up and accepted an offer from a company that is not real!!
    Mine was also a present for my niece. It just annoys me...how many people did they charge postage to? What a scam!!

Advertisement