Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wicking running tops - with pockets?

Options
  • 24-11-2014 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭

Hi all

the last few long runs I've done, I've worn a cycle jersey - the snug pockets let me take a (cycling, again) tiny waterproof in case the weather goes to bits, plus a phone (for podcasts) and even a hat.

However, after about 10k of sweating my way along, the jersey is soaked, and the rest of the run is done in a layer of chilly clag. The jersey is pretty snug (so there's no flapping or other line-drying-type activity going on).

So - who makes a decent running top that actually DOES take the sweat away? And who does one with pockets?

Or should I post this on the cycling board, looking for best-wicking-jersey?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

brownian wrote: »
    Hi all

the last few long runs I've done, I've worn a cycle jersey - the snug pockets let me take a (cycling, again) tiny waterproof in case the weather goes to bits, plus a phone (for podcasts) and even a hat.

However, after about 10k of sweating my way along, the jersey is soaked, and the rest of the run is done in a layer of chilly clag. The jersey is pretty snug (so there's no flapping or other line-drying-type activity going on).

So - who makes a decent running top that actually DOES take the sweat away? And who does one with pockets?

Or should I post this on the cycling board, looking for best-wicking-jersey?

Thanks!

I picked up one of these on hols, there's one up in Belfast if you are in the that neck of the woods or order online.
    Couple of nice snug pockets either side:
    big_ac1faab7499c43aebc0f2ca213020754.jpg

Advertisement