Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using Android & iOS Together?

Options
  • 24-11-2014 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭

I currently own an iPad Air & an iMac. Work gave me an iPhone 5S a few months ago. Thing is, I really like the OnePlusOne. Is it stupid to introduce an android phone into the mix when I own so many iOS devices?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Not really, you can cross platform with dozens of apps and features. What apps do you use on both Mac / iPhone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

I'm using both with the addition of an android phone in the last week. My biggest challenge is getting my iTunes music to phone in an organised manner and I think google play music is the best option for this.

As stated there are plenty of cross platform apps, I think the more your use android the more you will immerse yourself in it, that's my experience in the past week anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

never used an apple product but heard double twist is great for itunes stuff
    but if all the songs are in your itunes folder its supposed to be really easy to put them onto google play

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

I don't have any music to migrate. It's mostly the handoff feature between Mac devices as well as iMessages/Facetime. My partner uses iOS too so I'm assuming iMessage would now be redundant between the two of us? Would my iPad still receive iMessages? (hopefully not as my iPad is always left at home during the day and I'd hate to miss messages).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

shuffles03 wrote: »
    I don't have any music to migrate. It's mostly the handoff feature between Mac devices as well as iMessages/Facetime. My partner uses iOS too so I'm assuming iMessage would now be redundant between the two of us? Would my iPad still receive iMessages? (hopefully not as my iPad is always left at home during the day and I'd hate to miss messages).

You may need to do this: https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage

• Advertisement
Advertisement