Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

app not compatible with my device

Options
  • 24-11-2014 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

Device: GT-P7500 Android Version 3.1 Baseband version P7500BUKG7 Kernel version 2.6.36.3 root @dell125 #1 Build number: HMJ37 P7500BUKG7

A few apps from Google Play say the app is incompatible with my device.

any ideas please? I would especially like the Ryanair check-in app.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Apps have to declare their version compatibilities. Android 3.1 is over 3 years old now and a lot apps require version 4 at a minimimum.
    You might be able to get the apk and try sideloading it but tbh theres a very good chance itll crash on start up

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

The Ryanair app requires Android 4.0 and up.

Is there an update available for your tablet? Should be, I think...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Android 3.X was only ever a short lived version of Android for tablets only and was replaced by 4.X that covered both phones and tablets so there should be an update for your device, especially since its a Samsung.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

There should be an update to at least 4.0.4 according to sammobile.com

http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/database/GT-P7500/

To double-check for your particular model, enter your PDA, CSC and MODEM at http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/checker/

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭kitchenkid

Thanks, so I will try to update the tablet and take it from there! Thanks to everyone who replied!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

kitchenkid wrote: »
    Thanks, so I will try to update the tablet and take it from there! Thanks to everyone who replied!
    Is it a Motorola Xoom?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

advertsfox wrote: »
    Is it a Motorola Xoom?

Nope.
    Device: GT-P7500

Advertisement