Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help : Google wallet & direct carrier payment

Options
  • 23-11-2014 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭

Context : PAYG on IRL 3 network

I dont understand Google Wallet ( GW ) ( capabilities & limitations )

I've got as far as buying apps from Play store with payment taken from PAYG balance ( works fine )

Where does GW come in ?

Is GW operational in RoI ?

If so, can I transfer funds from my PAYG balance to an RoI GW account ( if so, how ? ) ?

0lddog Dumbdog

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭thomasj

0lddog wrote: »
    Context : PAYG on IRL 3 network

I dont understand Google Wallet ( GW ) ( capabilities & limitations )

I've got as far as buying apps from Play store with payment taken from PAYG balance ( works fine )

Where does GW come in ?

Is GW operational in RoI ?

If so, can I transfer funds from my PAYG balance to an RoI GW account ( if so, how ? ) ?

0lddog Dumbdog

For most countries the concept of google wallet is to store your card details and use it to buy apps and other google products.

For the usa its gone as far as giving people to option to pay for goods at certain businesses by flashing their phone up against the card reader (you need nfc on your phone) its only available at certain establishments in america. Heck you can't even download the app outside of the USA.

Having said that the introduction of apple pay may make google think about rolling out google wallet for retail purposes in more countries.

Advertisement