Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Hangouts - No option to send group SMS anymore

Options
  • 23-11-2014 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭

Has anyone else noticed this? Was about to try and send a group SMS to organise something, but it seems the functionality has been removed. When you open a new SMS hangout the 'Anyone else?' box does not appear anymore. I'm limited to one at a time.

Just to clarify: What I'm talking about here is writing out on SMS and sending the same text to multiple different people.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

Working here for me man.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

Working here for me man.

Weird..not working here on my OnePlus One at all.. Or on my dad's nexus 4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

Give it a reinstall perhaps? Also maybe Googles new Messaging service, think its the new Hangouts. I'm on the OPO too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ezra_pound

Danger781 wrote: »
    Has anyone else noticed this? Was about to try and send a group SMS to organise something, but it seems the functionality has been removed. When you open a new SMS hangout the 'Anyone else?' box does not appear anymore. I'm limited to one at a time.

Just to clarify: What I'm talking about here is writing out on SMS and sending the same text to multiple different people.

I've had this l problem last month or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭jockeyboard

This hangout thing jas suddenly appeared on my samsung. How do i get rid of it just to get back to normal texting via sms pleade?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭jockeyboard

This hangout thing jas suddenly appeared on my samsung. How do i get rid of it just to get back to normal texting via sms pleade?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

ezra_pound wrote: »
    I've had this l problem last month or two.

Are you on Three by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ezra_pound

Danger781 wrote: »
    Are you on Three by any chance?

No. It's a hangouts issue. I've googled it and a lot of people are annoyed by it.

Advertisement