Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Protocol for emails - confused??

Options
  • 23-11-2014 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭

I'm really confused re protocol for emails - you can see my threads on this forum re stress issues at work. Basically, my manager has tried to avoid any conversation I have tried to initiate with him going back a year in relation to what's happening at work - the girl who initially made the nasty comments to me is his friend outside work, she still excludes me and reports me for having not done work, when I have - I always have a trail of emails to cover myself. Because my manager has refused to have any conversation about what is happening with boss/colleague - I mean won't let me speak, walks off immediately, I emailed him my concerns. There were four to five polite, non-angry emails over a period of a year. I didn't mention any names other than my own in the email - though he would obviously have know who I was talking about. I stated facts as they were, asked him would he mind getting back to me, and thanked him. Yet I've been told now never to email any of my concerns re issues in the office, stress issues or what I think are unsafe practice re clients (and they were) to him, as now I have put him in the awakward position of having to do something about them! He sent me the protocol on emails and said it would benefit me, but I have been through it with a fine tooth comb and can't find where I've breached it. I'm also not allowed now ever, to send any email to him from home stating any concern I have re the office. When I was on holidays previously about a year ago, and all these negative comments were being made to me, I emailed him from home saying I was concerned about going back because of what was happening in the office - he said I shouldn't have done this. Yet, when I contacted HR anonymously and said what was happening, they said I should absolutely email him my concerns, and say that I couldn't go back to work unless he guaranteed that this beheavour would not occur again. Can anyone tell me what they think is happening here with the manager and email protocol he is using - I'm baffled, but am now thinking that I must have a very blind spot re communication somewhere, if I cannot understand where he is coming from. All comments/advice once again really welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭ScottStorm

If your manager won't discuss the situation then you have to go directly to hr.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,664 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

I don't think you want any help on this issue at all. Judging by the amount of times you have repeatedly set up threads asking for advice, and then ignoring the detailed and numerous replies you have received, it's clear that you are looking for attention and have no plan to change your situation.

People have told you over and over and over and over again to report the issue to HR or else look for another job. It really is that simple, stop repeating yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Is he emailing these responses back to you, or just communicating verbally?

IMO you should document all of these emails and a log of responses that you've received in return and bring it to HR.

From the sounds of things you've gone about things in the correct way and he's neglecting his duties in favour of an easier life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

All of these posts your making is so much like another person I worked with a few years ago its uncanny.

Thing is, the truth was that that person was the actual real problem. Every body else got on fine but this person kept rocking the boat, kept seeing situations from a viewpoint that absolutely nobody else was seeing it from. We arranged training courses and everybody on the training course picked up on the things needed to do the job except him. We had one on one shadowing and all other people got on fine except him.
    He didn't think the way we explained this was clear enough even though everyone went through great lengths to explain them the three main learning methods, Written explanations, diagrammatic explanations and oral explanation.

He eventually got dismissed and took the case to the labour court and had it thrown out the first time and again on appeal. One of the things about how much that remind me of him is your comment about nasty things a girl said. He also took so hard truths as a personal attack on him and no one else but him( they were said in an open room, also one of his bug bears) saw what was said as mean or nasty.

if no one agrees with you and its only you that thinks there is a problem then everybody else is not the problem, you are.

Advertisement