Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

One day insurance

Options
  • 23-11-2014 7:38pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 616 ✭✭✭

Just wondering is one day insurance expensive. I'm buying a van in north and getting my sis to drive it down but she's no insurance. I know one can get 1day insurance but just wondering has anyone gotten this before and if so, was it expensive.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,756 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

duckcfc wrote: »
    Just wondering is one day insurance expensive. I'm buying a van in north and getting my sis to drive it down but she's no insurance. I know one can get 1day insurance but just wondering has anyone gotten this before and if so, was it expensive.

I didn't think one day insurance was possible here. Maybe if you already have a policy they allow a temp transfer to the other car, but I e never heard of anybody obtaining one day motor insurance before.

You say you know you can get it, is that from experience or just hearsay?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

you can put it on existing policy, call your agent

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 616 ✭✭✭duckcfc

kceire wrote: »
    I didn't think one day insurance was possible here. Maybe if you already have a policy they allow a temp transfer to the other car, but I e never heard of anybody obtaining one day motor insurance before.

You say you know you can get it, is that from experience or just hearsay?

I know it can be got in UK thou haven't heard anyone getting it here in Ireland

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 616 ✭✭✭duckcfc

braddun wrote: »
    you can put it on existing policy, call your agent

Can I put her down as named driver even thou she doesn't live here in south.

Advertisement