Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Leaky MR-S

Options
  • 23-11-2014 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭

Hopefully someone may have experience of the same issue on a Toyota MR-S and how they rectified it, most likely someone who owned or owns one. Behind the driver and passenger seats there would be a pool of water after rain.

After some web browsing I came across this thread which was quite helpful and done the needful as per the instructions on the thread:

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/61112-blocked-drains/

Water was eventually running freely from either side when flushing it thru. Noe the situation is that after any note worthy amount of rain the passenger side remains bone dry but water still floods into the driver side,

I am happy I did the job quite thoroughly so wondering if anyone knows if there is something else that may help.

Tidying the old lady up and this is my main priority. It now stinks inside after the stagnant water has being there any amount of time and constantly mopping it up is getting to be a bit of a pain and takes time I dont have.

Car has a hardtop roof on at moment but water still seems to bucket in if the soft top is on....

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

is it a hard top or a soft top

The MkIII Roadster is prone to waterlogged interiors due to the clogging up of the two drain valves located behind the side engine vents.
    You can check if these are clear by pulling the hood about half way back and looking down between the hood and body side near the engine intakes, if it looks dry then all is well but if you see a pool of water then likely as not the drain valves are blocked.
    The side vent covers are easily removed with a little care and clearing the blockage is very easy.
    While the nearside cover is off it is possible to access the filler cap hinge behind, this can then be lubricated which will prevent the inconvenience of not being able to fill up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Thanks braddun.

As I mentioned in the OP car has a hardtop roof on at the moment. Like all MR-S's that I know off anyway the car is a soft-top and the soft top is there and present on the car....its just the after market hardtop is on at the moment.

I took the steps as you mention as per the link I provided but to no real avail on the drivers side although it would seem to have rectified the issue on the passenger side alright. Done a fairly thorough job too at the time. But you reckon there may have being debris I did not see/ flush out if I let the soft-top roof half way down and look down from above the car?

Advertisement