Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Somemone hit my parked car!

Options
  • 23-11-2014 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

Have no clue about what can be done,
    i found my car today rear bumper have 3 cracks and grill bit broken, its parked on public road beside my house
    What can i do call insurance ? Then what ?
    Few other info
    rear bumper is aftermarket bumper made of fiberglass thats why it did crack easy.
    I have only been 3 months with this insurance company Aib insurance.
    I have 1 year NCB
    i have a note from someone hit my front bumper but there was no damage so i called him saying nothing happened. Its busy free parking road thats why !
    what are my options ?

Thanks for any help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭lollsangel

I presume you have an excess on your policy of 300 euros or more? I doubt a new bumper would cost that much. Whilst annoying I doubt you can do much but replace it, and its not worth losing your ncb for

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

140490 wrote: »
    Have no clue about what can be done,
    i found my car today rear bumper have 3 cracks and grill bit broken, its parked on public road beside my house
    What can i do call insurance ? Then what ?
    Few other info
    rear bumper is aftermarket bumper made of fiberglass thats why it did crack easy.
    I have only been 3 months with this insurance company Aib insurance.
    I have 1 year NCB
    i have a note from someone hit my front bumper but there was no damage so i called him saying nothing happened. Its busy free parking road thats why !
    what are my options ?

Thanks for any help

What is the excess on your policy? Do you have comprehensive insurance?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭140490

smcgiff wrote: »
    What is the excess on your policy? Do you have comprehensive insurance?

I have third party fire and theft, i don't mind loosing my NCB,
    the problem is the bumper is an aftermarket bumper it can be repaired but new one must be ordered from uk !!

Cannot upload pics as it saying too large :(

Contacted repair garage i know he said repair would be around 200e and new bumper cost 250£ without fitting and respray

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,387 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

the problem is the bumper is an aftermarket bumper it can be repaired but new one must be ordered from uk !!

TPFT won't cover it, you're on your own there.

You cannot claim off your own insurance if you've not got comprehensive insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,431 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Did you get the note today? As in why not ring yer man back and tell him you've just noticed the back bumper. Did he shove your car into the one behind?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Is there any shop or anything nearby that might have a camera pointed in your direction?. That's about the only hope you have of claiming off someone.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Did you get the note today? As in why not ring yer man back and tell him you've just noticed the back bumper. Did he shove your car into the one behind?

That heppened a month ago, and there was no damage, this one is just today
    sorry for the mess

• Advertisement

ken wrote: »
    Is there any shop or anything nearby that might have a camera pointed in your direction?. That's about the only hope you have of claiming off someone.

Nothing only houses its public road in housing estate

Pic of my policy

Pics of bumper there is also big crack not in pic

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

look at your neighbors cars for damage

• Registered Users Posts: 73,431 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

They're unlikely to have any damage. You only need look at fibreglass bumpers and they'll crack

Pic of my policy

First line under first section. No dice I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭Dartz

Judging by those pics they might not have even realise they touched you. A loose football might cause a crack like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,321 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

You cannot claim on that policy for own damage.

Advertisement