Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

citroen C4 Grand Picasso 2010 Car Stereo

Options
  • 23-11-2014 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi All the car stereo in my C4 picasso has packed in. I was just wondering could I just replace it with a standard one say from the likes of argos. don't want to spend to much money on it. would it work ok would it effect the controls on the steering would I be able to still use the dashboard setting. any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,431 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

You'd be much better off getting your own unit repaired or replacing it like-for-like if that's possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭iamthemanwork

login2015 wrote: »
    Hi All the car stereo in my C4 picasso has packed in. I was just wondering could I just replace it with a standard one say from the likes of argos. don't want to spend to much money on it. would it work ok would it effect the controls on the steering would I be able to still use the dashboard setting. any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    If you replace it with an anything other than the original type you will loose the steering controls . What year is the Picasso . Better to repair than to replace.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 login2015

Thanks for your replys all. its a 2010 C4 Grand Picasso.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

If you replace it with an anything other than the original type you will loose the steering controls . What year is the Picasso . Better to repair than to replace.

Can you not buy a steering controls adapter and a patch lead to connect to a compatible aftermarket head unit? Or is there no adapter available for that model picasso?

Advertisement