Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sunday lunch/ carvery options?

Options
  • 23-11-2014 12:53pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 77 ✭✭

Looking for a place around barrack street for sunday lunch or carvery and cant think of anywhere, would it be better off going into town, what are my options there, looking for a traditional sunday carvery . any help greatly appreaciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,873 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Looking for a place around barrack street for sunday lunch or carvery and cant think of anywhere, would it be better off going into town, what are my options there, looking for a traditional sunday carvery . any help greatly appreaciated.

I'm not a fan of the place myself but I think the Flying Enterprise at the bottom of Barrack Street would do what you're after.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,346 ✭✭✭.red.

Flying enterprise?
    Ive never been inside the door myself but it has a good reptutation.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭christy02

.red. wrote: »
    Flying enterprise?
    Ive never been inside the door myself but it has a good reptutation.

Flying enterprise is excellent for food. Rear area recently renovated also so you can sit out even in cold weather/rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

The wilton bar does a decent carvery too.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭christy02

Roar wrote: »

Wilton bar is awful imo. Food is not a patch on flying enterprise.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Blackie Grey

Roar wrote: »

Have to disagree -weird smell in there plus food is ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Can't recommend anywhere in that area but if your willing to travel, The South County in Douglas has amazing food and very good value for money. You can park in Douglas village, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭koriko

Have to say, for a city of its size, Cork fails to impress me in terms of eating out. If you're not into a coffee & cake or coffee and sandwich or on the opposite end of the spectrum a fine dining order off the menu (at least price wise) experience there isn't a whole pile of choice. Carvery lunch or simple decent & reasonably priced food is 2 a penny in Cork. At least compared to other cities and large towns in Ireland. Limerick city springs to mind as a great place to get a carvery lunch for example. I was a fan of the Viaduct but since the start of the summer I've noticed they've gone downhill- stop serving earlier than before and the food isn't as tasty- maybe they changed chef? Definitely a gap in the market....

Advertisement