Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

medical card

Options
  • 22-11-2014 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Have been receiving a medical card for a good few years. Last year i submitted details of my change in circumstances. My claim was unsuccessful but the letter never said when i was to send my card back. I rang the hse and the girl said i was still up on the system as being eligible. I assumed then i could keep card till renewal date. I got a letter this week from the internal audit unit of the hse asking me to sign that i had received meds under the scheme in the last few months. Does anyone know anything about this. What will happen. I am scared. Will i go to court or jail? Help please.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

MOD: Not a Humanities forum topic. Moving to State Benefits locked, so that the mods may review it for appropriateness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

verysad wrote: »
    Have been receiving a medical card for a good few years. Last year i submitted details of my change in circumstances. My claim was unsuccessful but the letter never said when i was to send my card back. I rang the hse and the girl said i was still up on the system as being eligible. I assumed then i could keep card till renewal date. I got a letter this week from the internal audit unit of the hse asking me to sign that i had received meds under the scheme in the last few months. Does anyone know anything about this. What will happen. I am scared. Will i go to court or jail? Help please.

Is the card still active on the system? You can check it here: https://www.sspcrs.ie/portal/medapp/index.jsp

Click on 'Card Status' & enter the card number & click 'Check'.

I wouldn't worry unduly about it. Some people get to keep their Medical Card for a certain amount of time after their circumstances change. If your card was on the system as being active when it actually wasn't then the fault is at their end. The very worst thing that would happen is that you would be asked to reimburse the HSE for the meds you got after your circumstances changed.

Considering that the letter you received came from internal audit it could just be a random check - more to do with their operations than what you got or didn't get, so just sign it (if you did receive these meds) & forget about it. If there is a problem they'll contact you, but I very much doubt if you should have any fear of a court appearance or a jail term.

Advertisement