Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When can I resign while on Illness Benefit

Options
  • 22-11-2014 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭

I am 66 on 28th December and plan to retire on full State Contributary Pension from a Company who treat their employees very badly. Problem is I have been Certified unfit to work ( probably until end of year ) since a fortnight ago with ongoing Hypertension and another problem that needs screening, so I am receiving Sickness Benefit but Company does not pay any sick leave. I had planned to hand in one months notice of resignation on 1st December but not sure how to handle this now as I don't want to affect my Sickness Benefit. Any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

I am 66 on 28th December and plan to retire on full State Contributary Pension from a Company who treat their employees very badly. Problem is I have been Certified unfit to work ( probably until end of year ) since a fortnight ago with ongoing Hypertension and another problem that needs screening, so I am receiving Sickness Benefit but Company does not pay any sick leave. I had planned to hand in one months notice of resignation on 1st December but not sure how to handle this now as I don't want to affect my Sickness Benefit. Any advice would be appreciated.
    Your entitlement to Illness Benefitwill not be affected by your resignation. Your illness benefit will end on your birthday and your pension will begin. Have you applied for your pension? You will automatically get free travel but you will have to apply for Household Benefits and Fuel allowance and medical card subject to conditions. Many congratulations to you and yours and many years to enjoy it!

Advertisement