Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Volvo C30

Options
  • 22-11-2014 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hey guys, first time poster but long time lurker.

I am on the look out for a Volvo C30 2.0d 2006-2008 low milage, service history and as clean as a whistle. I have been on the usual suspects ie Dungdeal, Carzone etc etc. But with owners with blank memories on the own cars history and high milage motors I passed on them.

Now I missed out on a fine example in Enniskillen with a IRL reg, TAX NCT and 1 owner from new. Such is life but I want to find the same or close too. I am willing to spend 5-6k which is loads. I rulled out 1.6d for personal reason(dont like the engine). I know some might state Petrol is the way to go, but no I dont agree as I have a huge commute to work and I surf at weekends and I can travel across Ireland in a weekend. I spend 100 euro a week on petrol on my 1.4 golf, so I want the decent Mpg that a diesel offers.

Now I know the Engines and history of Volvo and the PSA relation etc etc, but a good neighbor and says they are a Great little car with funky styling and solid enough engine.

Now I was told a volvo owner doesn't really change there car too often so I taught the good people on Boards could point me in the right direction.

Thanks guys in advance

Daftcolm
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 daftcolm

*sorry for terrible grammer and spelling mistakes, I have dyslexia...sorry :)

• Registered Users Posts: 73,430 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Go to mainland uk

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Go to mainland uk

Sterling rate is poor and the vrt rate for a volvo c30 is 1200 euro on a standard model. R design is 2250, which then adding tax, nct, flights, taxis and other factors it would not be worth my time. So il stay looking in mainland ireland.

Nobody really bought the 2.0D in Ireland though.
    For example, in 07 in the republic, there were 19 2.0 D sold for the year and 76% of C30s sold in 07 were petrol.

For example, in 07 in the republic, there were 19 2.0 D sold for the year and 76% of C30s sold in 07 were petrol.

Yeah they are extremely hard got alright. Well I won't be defeated on the search as I am prepared to wait until I find the perfect car. This is why I'm asking boards for heads up on either a "friend, neighbor, relation or some one they might know selling a c30". There was a nice car in cork but it was sold today. And There is a R design in monaghan, but 130miles and vrt of 2250 I passed. Still ragging over the enniskillen one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,531 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

A few months back I saw a D-reg C30 D5 R-Design up for sale, must surely have been the only one in the country. I'd say it'd have been a hoot to drive.

There was 1 D5 regged here in 07 (a black one) Dublin
    One in 08 (a blue one) Dublin
    None from 09 onwards

• Registered Users Posts: 11,531 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

There was 1 D5 regged here in 07 (a black one) Dublin
    One in 08 (a blue one) Dublin
    None from 09 onwards

Think it was the 07. It was a few months back I saw it up for sale.

King motors have a c30 for sale. Its high spec but its a 1.6 and over priced

Advertisement