Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NCT without the front passenger seat

Options
  • 22-11-2014 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I checked the NCT Manual, but could not find an answer to my query. Can I bring a hatchback for the Test with the front passenger seat removed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭pa990

you can bring it with the steering wheel removed if you like. :D

I'd imagine that it would fail if was missing either though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

pa990 wrote: »
    you can bring it with the steering wheel removed if you like. :D

I'd imagine that it would fail if was missing either though
    Yes, it would fail without the steering wheel, but how do you know it would fail without the passenger seat? I couldn't find that in the Manual.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,858 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I think because the VLC will state that the car has 4 or 5 seats and you then present it with one less if will fail. If you could get the vehicle reclassified on the VLC to say one less seat it would then pass. This is one of the reasons why they insist that you bring the VLC to the test.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,431 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

If rear sests of a seven seater are missing, don't they just note it on the pass/fail sheet?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,577 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

I had ms. jou's 7seater NCT'd without 3rd row of seats - no problem. I had my own car without rear seats NCT'd once - no problem. But I did not try to bring my car to them without front passenger's seat, so not sure TBH. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭mullingar

NCT only test what's presented.

My money is on that they will have no problem, unless you fail on something else.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

buy one at junk yard

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

What happened the seat?

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celica00

i brought my car in with only a drivers seat once haha
    passed!
    as long the seat belts are out too, they can pass it but recommend to put seats in :D

braddun wrote: »
    buy one at junk yard
    What happened the seat?

I have the seat in the garage. Got it removed, as the car is used for carrying stuff at weekends and will be in the morning before the Test, so it would be tricky if I have to put the seat in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭debabyjesus

Its generally easy to remove/install a seat. 5 mins tops on most yokes?? Why dont you just put it back for the test?

Its generally easy to remove/install a seat. 5 mins tops on most yokes?? Why dont you just put it back for the test?
    Yep, at most 5 min job. The problem is that the car will be loaded in the morning and no time to come back for the seat, etc. Otherwise I would put it in without question.

Advertisement