Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decent Champagne

Options
  • 22-11-2014 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭

Hello all.

I have a celebration coming up and need to buy approx 10 bottles of champagne. Could anyone recommend a particular type/brand? I dont want to spend a fortune but at the same time it needs to be decent.
    Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

If I'm correct in deducing from your username what you will be celebrating, then I would suggest buying cava or some other sparkling wine, as champagne won't be worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

OP Champagne is over priced. You can get an excellent sparkling wine for €25. Where as a €25 bottle of Champagne will be piss.

This sparkling wine is excellent for its price.Its always in the papers for a good value sparkling wine. Although its a commercial everyday wine, its brillant

http://www.obrienswine.ie/champagne-sparkling/jacobs-creek-sparkling.html

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭poitinstill

there was a french sparkling wine in the aldi brochure last week. think $11 a bottle and it got rated somthing like 90-91

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

OP there is 25% off wines this weekend in Tesco. Dont know if its includes sparkling wine through

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Halfbaker

I seldom drink sparkling wine but I tasted this champagne recently and thought it was quite nice, nicer than moet anyway which is usually about €10 more:

I'm a new user and can't post links!! obrienswine.ie/champagne-sparkling/beaumont-des-crayeres-gr.html

As mentioned already you pay a lot more just to have the word "champagne" on the bottle, there are plenty of better value alternatives and a €20 bottle of cava or cremant will usually taste nicer than a €40 bottle from Champagne

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,336 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Halfbaker wrote: »
    I'm a new user and can't post links!! obrienswine.ie/champagne-sparkling/beaumont-des-crayeres-gr.html

Here you go .....

http://www.obrienswine.ie/champagne-sparkling/beaumont-des-crayeres-gr.html

Advertisement