Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Means Tested JA and partner moving to casual JB?

Options
  • 22-11-2014 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi!
    I'm on a means tested jobseekers allowance (will be moving a enterprise scheme in the new year hopefully!!)

My partner works (hence me being means tested) however, his work is seasonal in that for approx 8weeks he claims casual jobseekers benefit....does anyone know how this will affect my claim?

I figure the I won't be tested against his means anymore and will not have him as a qualified adult, we have one child. I find it confusing because his hours will change on a weekly basis so not sure how they will work it out. As I said, I'm currently trying to start my own business so closing my claim isn't really an option at the moment.

I'd really appreciate and input anyone can give :-)

Advertisement