Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone saving money on the dole?

Options
  • 21-11-2014 11:20pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 162 ✭✭

I am currently on the dole, and receive a total of 245 per week.
    188 JSA, 37 rent allowance, 20 winter fuel allowance.
    For the last 12 months I have been saving 50 per week, so that's a total of 2600 for this year.
    I am planning on trying to save even more next year, say 60 per week to give me another 3120 saved.
    Have any of you managed to save on the dole?
    I gave up driving this year and bought a bike, so that will make it easier to save next year without the; car tax, insurance, NCT, fuel, costs. I rarely used my car after losing my job anyway, so couldn't justify keeping it.
    I would like to put away closer to 75 per week, but that is what my rent costs; so I can't see myself keeping it up for the full year.
    I have cut down going out to the first Saturday of the month, so that has been a big saving compared to going out every weekend.
    Any other ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭The other fella

:)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Afraid I will have to save anyone else posting here.

closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement