Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how long does rent allowance stay in the post office?

Options
  • 21-11-2014 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭

as above i used to collect mine on a wednesday along with my dole , i started a tus course last week and was told for the first week that half my money would be in post office then half in the bank, & then from then on it would all be paid in the bank every week.

Foolishly and stupidly i failed to check my wage slip correctly and failed to notice that my rent supplement wasn't on it this week so im hoping it will still be in the PO tomorrow

can anyone tell me if it would still be in the PO on a Saturday from a Wednesday

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Toxica

Did you get sorted? I think the rent allowance stays there for 3 days but as far as I know they draw it back into the system over the weekend so you can't collect it on a Saturday. So, if yours is at the post office on a Wednesday, I think the last day you could collect would be Friday. My mother gets hers on a Thursday and one time she couldn't get to the post office until Tuesday and it wasn't there, they had already taken it back. If you have missed it, you can ring your CWO and explain the situation, they should re-issue that week's payment but it might take a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

Toxica wrote: »
    Did you get sorted? I think the rent allowance stays there for 3 days but as far as I know they draw it back into the system over the weekend so you can't collect it on a Saturday. So, if yours is at the post office on a Wednesday, I think the last day you could collect would be Friday. My mother gets hers on a Thursday and one time she couldn't get to the post office until Tuesday and it wasn't there, they had already taken it back. If you have missed it, you can ring your CWO and explain the situation, they should re-issue that week's payment but it might take a few weeks.

I got it last Saturday :) i received a PM from some kind person here last week telling me it was kept in for the full week, it was certainly still their on the Saturday anyway thankfully

Advertisement