Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Existing fis and new job

Options
  • 21-11-2014 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭

Hi I'm currently working and receiving family income supplement of €20. I've just been offered a graduate role in a really good company but the money is a lot less for a few years. I'm a lone parent so will be entitled to this again as my income is under 425 a week. However will I be entitled to a review In fis. My new job starts middle of jan so I will be unemployed for a week.

If I send them back a letter saying I'm unemployed and send in new form few weeks later will they do a new review of my income

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Sign on when you are unemployed your FIS claim will lapse,apply for a new FIS claim when you start your new job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

mp22 wrote: »
    Sign on when you are unemployed your FIS claim will lapse,apply for a new FIS claim when you start your new job.

Thanks I think I'll finish my job the week before

Advertisement