Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

from cohabitation to lone parents

Options
  • 21-11-2014 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭

Hi guys me and my daughters dad are splitting up soon , and I would like to know how t go on lones parents and sort out rent allowance as we were living together in a rent allowance accomadation

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

Hi guys me and my daughters dad are splitting up soon , and I would like to know how t go on lones parents and sort out rent allowance as we were living together in a rent allowance accomadation

You can only apply for lone parent now if your youngest child is under 7

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Also you cant apply until you have been parenting alone for 3 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Also you cant apply until you have been parenting alone for 3 months.

That only applies if shes married to the guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Why did you say you were splitting up soon. Are you still in a relationship or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭hagoonabear

Its very difficult to explain I was a lone parent before but my partner and I got back together and went cohabitating but once we did everything has turned out badly

• Advertisement
Advertisement