Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tax/Accountancy Training Firms

• 21-11-2014 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all,

I have been offered a place in the tax departments in Deloitte, EY and PWC each of which have their positive and negative feedback so I'm still confused which to go with! (Must chose by Friday).

Anyone have experience in any of these?? PWC has good feedback about the hours of work in the tax department and study leave offered in comparison to the others, whereas Deloitte are offering me more money but with very little difference in the amounts! EY were very welcoming in their recruitment process but i can't ignore the negative feedback i'm hearing about them either!

I'm edging towards PWC because although i expect to be doing long hours in any of them, people seem to be suggesting there are somewhat fewer hours in PWC!?

Any opinions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭Deenie123

murphs1 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I have been offered a place in the tax departments in Deloitte, EY and PWC each of which have their positive and negative feedback so I'm still confused which to go with! (Must chose by Friday).

Anyone have experience in any of these?? PWC has good feedback about the hours of work in the tax department and study leave offered in comparison to the others, whereas Deloitte are offering me more money but with very little difference in the amounts! EY were very welcoming in their recruitment process but i can't ignore the negative feedback i'm hearing about them either!

I'm edging towards PWC because although i expect to be doing long hours in any of them, people seem to be suggesting there are somewhat fewer hours in PWC!?

Any opinions?

Was there any one firm where you preferred the people/atmosphere above those in the other firms? If no, was there any one firm where you preferred the offices? Realistically, you're going to work as hard in any one as any other, and you'll probably be going home later and later as you get further into your contract.

Basically what I'm trying to get at is go with your gut. Stop thinking so hard about it. Work where you want to work. It's going to be a tough few years, you might as well spend them where you want to be rather than where you think you should be (although it's really optimal if where you want to be is where you think you should be!).

Advertisement