Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

05 Golf or 04 Audi?

Options
  • 21-11-2014 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭

Hi, I'm stuck between these too and am hoping for some help! I'm looking to get a new car but dunno which one to get. It's going to be 1.9 anyways in either of the cars. Would ye recommend one is better than the other or anything like that? Also all the Audis i looked at had mileage aroung 140000-160000 would ye buy them if they have that many or what is that max amount of miles ye think is to much? Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,196 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

That would be normal or average mileage for a 9/10 year old diesel cars but it's all down to current condition and how the car was maintained over the years. The Golf and A3 are pretty much the same car underneath the different exteriors so they generally have the same good and bad points.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Erk

Cheers Bazz! I'm kind of leaning towards the Audi A4 because i think they look better and just like them all round but I have 03 Golf at the moment and love it but just can't find any nice ones to buy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 33 Marion Morrison

It all depends if you want to pretend you are sensible like Golf owners want to, or look like a student/wannabe. Most students/wannabe's go for A4's. Most people trying to pretend they are sensible go for a Golf.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,196 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

There is no real comparison between an A4 and Golf as they are not in the same class to each other.

It will be pretty hard to find a clean example of both of this vintage these days. Most are either driven to death or modified beyond recognition. The good ones tend to fetch strong money.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,808 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

The Audi A4 was not based on the the Golf only the A3 was. The A4 would probably have more in commen with the VW Passat. Why not go and look at a few Golfs and Audis and take them for a drive see which car you like best.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bmm

A4 every time.

Advertisement