Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forged payslips JSA claim

Options
  • 21-11-2014 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

Hi there really long story short, in May 2013 my disability claim ended and I was told I'd be going on JSA, we we're means tested as we lived together and had 4 kids, my claim was reduced to €24 a week.
    She was livid with this and said that my claim was based on an unusually high payslip for that month, so I collected my €24 from the CWO for a month and my ex then supplied more payslips at the end of the month I was means tested again and my payment went up to €135 a week.
    My ex is threatening me over something unrelated and if I don't agree or go along with what she wants, she's told me the dole office will get a tip off and " I'll be fu<Ked "
    I've found out from her that she and her friend who does the wages where she works forged 6 or so payslips so I'd get more money from the dole.

If she is going to report this, who will get into trouble and who'll have to repay the money me or her, and can I do anything to help myself?
    I'd be very grateful for any help or advice please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭DanDublin1982

At the end of the day if money was recieved by you that it turns out you were not entitled to then you are liable to repay it.

If her mate really did what you've said though she'd want to be really stupid to draw attention to it...

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭40now

I thought I'd be liable alright as it's MY claim but hoping that because we where living together that as she supplied me with false payslips she may be liable, and yes her friend and her did give me the payslips that they done in her job.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Report the matter to the dept yourself and ask them what to do next.It wll be much better coming from you.

• Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭piperh

I'd agree with the fact you need to tell them yourself but to be honest I can't see them accepting she was to blame as you must of known the amount on the slips were wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

While you might have to make repayments which you should if the payslips were false, she and her friend could be in danger of being investigated for 6 counts of fraud (and possibly uttering), and also potential dismissal for gross misconduct at work.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the advice so far, I think I'll ring them up and ask for advice, I'm hoping they will treat it as an overpayment and make a deduction in my payment, as she is the mother of my kids obviously I don't want her to get sacked, so if I report it will they still investigate or contact her employer over this or will they be happy enough to get their money back and make no contact.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭DanDublin1982

Can't see the employer being ignored. Who knows how many dodgy payslips are being knocked out.

Just to add one more thing, I genuinely didn't know the payslips were forged as if I knew, there is no way I'd have handed them in to be means tested on.
    I rang them up and had an off the record chat with a really nice fella, he told me I should only be liable to pay back 50% and my ex the other 50% (in his opinion) please I can't get her sacked for our kids sake does anyone have any experience of what will happen to her.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

This is not state benefits material anymore.

Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement