Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forgot to sign on

Options
  • 21-11-2014 1:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 27

I've just realised I forgot to sign on this Wednesday. For some reason I thought sign on was next week. How long do I have to sign on late? I have a hospital appointment tomorrow. If I ring welfare can I still sign on Monday?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

If at all possible you should try to make it there today, as even if you ring & actually get through if you tell them that you can't make it in to sign on they may decide that you're not available for work today leading to a question of whether you were available for work since Wedneday or longer.

In future set a reminder on your phone so as you won't forget.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Citizen2011

I'd say make it down there today. As long as it's not part of a pattern you should be fine. Usually they're fine about it if a once off but if it's a regular thing they're likely to suspend and they've every right to.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Vintagechic

Thanks got sorted today. As its never happened before everything was fine.

Advertisement