Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Service Reset B8

Options
  • 21-11-2014 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Just want to quiz all ye good boardsies.

Driving a 2009 audi a4 on my old b7 i could reset the service warning myself anybody know if this is possible on the b8.

Think i need software just curious really

Thanks All

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Thanks for the link thats for the b7 platform mine is a 2009 b8 platform so my dash doesnt have the wrench symbol i think will check in the morning though to be sure.

Thanks anyway:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Stoolbend

Plug in only I think.

Stoolbend wrote: »
    Plug in only I think.

Thought as much myself cheers Stoolbend!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Where are you based ? If you are anywhere near Kildare i can do it for you.

• Advertisement

Down near limerick myself but thanks anyway.

I have a foxwell nt 500 scanner but for some reason it cannot reset just shows an error oh well for the 100 i paid for it you cant get everything:P

crasy dash wrote: »
    Down near limerick myself but thanks anyway.

I have a foxwell nt 500 scanner but for some reason it cannot reset just shows an error oh well for the 100 i paid for it you cant get everything:P

VCDS is the only software (apart from main dealer) that will rest it as far as i'm aware.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

Sorry about that, thought it included yours. Audi are obviously making it more difficult for DIY servicing. I bought a licensed version of VCDS online for $99 and then a cheapie lead from eBay. Well worth it as I've used it many times on both my wife's and my car.

Pity you're not around Dublin. There are a good few of us that could help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭dieselbug

tossy wrote: »
    VCDS is the only software (apart from main dealer) that will rest it as far as i'm aware.

The VAG COM SRI Reset function no longer works on some late model Audi's.

The new procedure now involves selecting "instrumentation,
    adaptation ,

Audi changed the instruments protocol from around 2008 I think on some models.

VCDS (vag-com) will still do it but it is done manually through "instruments" "adaptations"

Thanks for the info was talking to the guy in my local tyre place where i get my tyres he does servicing as well.

He told me he can reset it for me only cost a 10 and two minutes on the pc said he does it 5or 6 times a week for the local main nissan dealer all the time as well.

My indie who does the servicing for me said he can do up to 2007 and some 2008 vag stuff said there getting as bloody awkward to work on and he couldnt justify the outlay to update his own diagnostic gear as its mainly french italien cars he works on 80% of the time.

Cheers for all the replies lads:)

Might have to invest in a proper hex can usb lead and software myself well maybe in the new year if i can afford it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭Row

You could try one of these which is a copy of what the dealers use...:)
    I have it myself but find it difficult to navigate tru..:rolleyes:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2014-Newest-VAS-5054A-ODIS-V2-0-Bluetooth-Support-UDS-Protocol-with-OKI-Chip-/251405659734?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3a88f1ee56

Nice link what car are you using it on yourself?

Nice link what car are you using it on yourself?

I do diagnostics on mostly Peugeot/Citroens with lexia 3 but bought one of these awhile back to read vw's/audi's etc...it does virtually everything on the vag group bar engine/module downloads....:)
    I find it good but it does take time to get used of it.

Row wrote: »
    I do diagnostics on mostly Peugeot/Citroens with lexia 3 but bought one of these awhile back to read vw's/audi's etc...it does virtually everything on the vag group bar engine/module downloads....:)
    I find it good but it does take time to get used of it.

Thanks for the insight id be a bit clueless when it comes to diagnostic equipment, i appreciate the time you took to respond to me :)

Cant really say i do alot of tinkering with cars myself but tis just a pain to have to pay to turn of an annoying reminder.
    I have the foxwell scanner that has found the few faults that were on the car before i checked with the local garage and they came up with same faults so im happy enough with it.

Think ill do a bit of studying get back and ask advice before i order a new toy

Thanks again:)

Thanks for the insight id be a bit clueless when it comes to diagnostic equipment, i appreciate the time you took to respond to me :)

Cant really say i do alot of tinkering with cars myself but tis just a pain to have to pay to turn of an annoying reminder.
    I have the foxwell scanner that has found the few faults that were on the car before i checked with the local garage and they came up with same faults so im happy enough with it.

Think ill do a bit of studying get back and ask advice before i order a new toy

Thanks again:)

No problem..If you just need a service light reset then any good garage with good level diagnostic equipment should be able to do it for you...:)

As for more indepth diagnostics then VAS 5054A is the best you can get with the vag group but as i said its difficult to navigate tru.
    Don't have it but afaik vagcom is easier to use but not sure if its up to date with the newer vags...:confused:

Row wrote: »
    No problem..If you just need a service light reset then any good garage with good level diagnostic equipment should be able to do it for you...:)

As for more indepth diagnostics then VAS 5054A is the best you can get with the vag group but as i said its difficult to navigate tru.
    Don't have it but afaik vagcom is easier to use but not sure if its up to date with the newer vags...:confused:

Think ill let my local tyre place reset it for the sake of a tenner the other 4 main dealers i rang ranged from 63 to 90 euro(i know it costs a lot the software but bloody hell its 10-15 min job tops its not a full scan im looking for) and one said they didnt have the software to do it even though they sell plenty of vw skoda audis from northern ireland:eek:

dieselbug wrote: »
    The VAG COM SRI Reset function no longer works on some late model Audi's.

The new procedure now involves selecting "instrumentation,
    adaptation ,

Audi changed the instruments protocol from around 2008 I think on some models.

VCDS (vag-com) will still do it but it is done manually through "instruments" "adaptations"

IT's still a piece of piss to do it though :D

Advertisement