Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friday 21st Nov

Options
  • 20-11-2014 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭

great to see Davy Russell heading to the UK for four nice rides for Curtis in Ffos Las, it was only a matter of time before he started to head over, given the way the Irish racing is gone. With the Mullins, Gigginstown and Potts horses out of bounds, it really is only the scraps that are left for the rest of the Irish jockeys

He should win the bumper on Veripek given the form of its point has worked out well, could well be after visiting the winners enclosure before then, as they all have decent chances

Another interesting one in the Ascot opener is Alisier Dirlande, bought for a kings ransom after winning his point

Finally, I like Antiquus in the 6.10 Dundalk, drop back to 6f looks a good move, from a good draw, I think this will go close

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭ste2010

The horse that's going to finish second to annie power in the mares is running tomorrow..Stephanie Frances steal at 6-1 :-)
    Paul carberry is also over to Ascot to ride another horse I like monkey Kingdom
    Barry Geraghty mentioned on interview there was a lot more to come from clondaw banker was excited at his prospects this season so he's one of keep onside
    Last but not least niceonefeankie out to win the same race in consecutive years..or is drumshambo another Venetia course winner with a nice claimer on board going to take this one

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭shmeee

Andalucia wrote: »

Another interesting one in the Ascot opener is Alisier Dirlande, bought for a kings ransom after winning his point

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMnVQ0_1kJ4

Do ye see £300k there?

Pure at his ease, the camera man did make a balls of it though. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭rossom

1.55 Haydock

Stephanie Frances 6/1

Although she probably doesn't have the strongest hurdling form in the field, I was very impressed with the way Stephanie Frances won on her last start when quickening clear in a fairly slowly run race and I think there is an awful lot more to come from this 6 year old Mare. After winning a very decent Punchestown Bumper on debut for Michael McElhone on debut last year where her trainer said the win was "totally unexpected as she was so light couldn't get any work into her" and having being picked up for €50k by Dan Skelton last year, I thought Stephanie Frances would go on to be one of the leading lights for the yard. However, I felt she was very disappointing in her two starts for her new yard last season (was beaten less than 5L on hurdling debut by some ok sorts) but she looks to be right back on track judged on her latest success. Sent off an unfancied 33/1 shot on debut for a small yard, Stephanie Frances came out as the victor in the large 23 runner field for her small yard beating some very useful sorts in the process. The runner up Wicklow Brave (who had the benefit of experience) from the all powerful Willie Mullins yard went on to win his next 3 Bumpers, a Listed Hurdle and finsihed 6th in this years Supreme Novice at Cheltenham whilst the 3rd home Macnicholson (also had experience) has finished 2nd in a Grade 3 Novice Hurdle subsequently. Given that she beat those talented rivals on debut, coupled with her trainer's comments that she was clearly not as ready as he would have liked her, I thought Stephanie Frances was a horse with a big future in this game.

After joining the Skelton yard at the end of June in 2013, Stephanie Frances was well backed to make a winning hurdling debut at Southwell last December where she ran an ok race to finish beaten a little over 4L in 4th behind 3 decent (but not great) animals in a run that definitely disappointed me. Turned out a month later, she was even worse when again well backed into favouritism as she was a very disappointing 6th whilst she didn't jump great and I was beginning to feel that she wasn't as good a prospect as I thought. Off the track for about 8 months, Stephanie Frances returned with a very impressive victory in a Novice Hurdle at Worcester last month and although it was a slowly run race and the opposition wasn't great I couldn't not be impressed by the manner of victory. Held up at the back of 6 runner field, Stephanie Frances made smooth headway up the home straight and despite jumping awkwardly at the final flight she quickened clear from her rivals in fine style and her victory was worth far more value than the 2.5L margin suggests. I wholeheartedly agree with her trainer's comments of that win being "a step back in the right direction" and I think there is a lot more to come from this mare. With a mark of 123, Stephanie Frances doesn't have much to find on official ratings with her competitors and although her hurdling form probably isn't the strongest on offer I believe she her bumper form is the strongest in the field and she has a lot more to offer. Having already shown her effectiveness in a small runner field, she clearly has the pace to cope if this is a tactically run affair but with a couple of her rivals in the field liking to race prominently I think it will be a truly run race. The only Mare in the field, Stephanie Frances gets a 7lb allowance from her male counterparts (does carry a 6lb penalty for her latest victory along with 3 of her rivals) and I think she has an outstanding chance of winning this. Trainer Dan Skelton remains in excellent form at present and having scored on her last start over hurdles I'm confident Stephanie Frances can take another step forward by winning this before going on to bigger and better things.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭king Henry 14

great to see Davy Russell heading to the UK for four nice rides for Curtis in Ffos Las, it was only a matter of time before he started to head over, given the way the Irish racing is gone. With the Mullins, Gigginstown and Potts horses out of bounds, it really is only the scraps that are left for the rest of the Irish jockeys

He should win the bumper on Veripek given the form of its point has worked out well, could well be after visiting the winners enclosure before then, as they all have decent chances

Finally, I like Antiquus in the 6.10 Dundalk, drop back to 6f looks a good move, from a good draw, I think this will go close

I have been watching antiquus closely for the past couple of weeks also and believe a win is imminent. Travels very well through its races and the draw and 6 furlongs look ideal. Main bet of the day for me. 8/1 in PP

One in Dundalk for me tonight. Word came for this one last week and was a NR, goes tonight in the 8.40, Manorov. And win expected tonight. Has been backed already into 3/1 from 9/2. And is as short as 9/4 in places.

• Advertisement

rossom wrote: »
    1.55 Haydock

Stephanie Frances 6/1

Although she probably doesn't have the strongest hurdling form in the field, I was very impressed with the way Stephanie Frances won on her last start when quickening clear in a fairly slowly run race and I think there is an awful lot more to come from this 6 year old Mare. After winning a very decent Punchestown Bumper on debut for Michael McElhone on debut last year where her trainer said the win was "totally unexpected as she was so light couldn't get any work into her" and having being picked up for €50k by Dan Skelton last year, I thought Stephanie Frances would go on to be one of the leading lights for the yard. However, I felt she was very disappointing in her two starts for her new yard last season (was beaten less than 5L on hurdling debut by some ok sorts) but she looks to be right back on track judged on her latest success. Sent off an unfancied 33/1 shot on debut for a small yard, Stephanie Frances came out as the victor in the large 23 runner field for her small yard beating some very useful sorts in the process. The runner up Wicklow Brave (who had the benefit of experience) from the all powerful Willie Mullins yard went on to win his next 3 Bumpers, a Listed Hurdle and finsihed 6th in this years Supreme Novice at Cheltenham whilst the 3rd home Macnicholson (also had experience) has finished 2nd in a Grade 3 Novice Hurdle subsequently. Given that she beat those talented rivals on debut, coupled with her trainer's comments that she was clearly not as ready as he would have liked her, I thought Stephanie Frances was a horse with a big future in this game.

After joining the Skelton yard at the end of June in 2013, Stephanie Frances was well backed to make a winning hurdling debut at Southwell last December where she ran an ok race to finish beaten a little over 4L in 4th behind 3 decent (but not great) animals in a run that definitely disappointed me. Turned out a month later, she was even worse when again well backed into favouritism as she was a very disappointing 6th whilst she didn't jump great and I was beginning to feel that she wasn't as good a prospect as I thought. Off the track for about 8 months, Stephanie Frances returned with a very impressive victory in a Novice Hurdle at Worcester last month and although it was a slowly run race and the opposition wasn't great I couldn't not be impressed by the manner of victory. Held up at the back of 6 runner field, Stephanie Frances made smooth headway up the home straight and despite jumping awkwardly at the final flight she quickened clear from her rivals in fine style and her victory was worth far more value than the 2.5L margin suggests. I wholeheartedly agree with her trainer's comments of that win being "a step back in the right direction" and I think there is a lot more to come from this mare. With a mark of 123, Stephanie Frances doesn't have much to find on official ratings with her competitors and although her hurdling form probably isn't the strongest on offer I believe she her bumper form is the strongest in the field and she has a lot more to offer. Having already shown her effectiveness in a small runner field, she clearly has the pace to cope if this is a tactically run affair but with a couple of her rivals in the field liking to race prominently I think it will be a truly run race. The only Mare in the field, Stephanie Frances gets a 7lb allowance from her male counterparts (does carry a 6lb penalty for her latest victory along with 3 of her rivals) and I think she has an outstanding chance of winning this. Trainer Dan Skelton remains in excellent form at present and having scored on her last start over hurdles I'm confident Stephanie Frances can take another step forward by winning this before going on to bigger and better things.

I got b365 to put a measly price up for the mares for SF a few weeks ago. I'm trying to figure whether I pull the trigger now or not given annie powers direction!
    What's your view on the stream annie power will take rossom

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭oPATCHo

ste2010 wrote: »
    Last but not least niceonefeankie out to win the same race in consecutive years..or is drumshambo another Venetia course winner with a nice claimer on board going to take this one

Hard to back against Venetia's Handicap chasers in November, and with her putting two in this race, I'd be shocked if she didnt win it.

Wouldnt surprise me of niceonefrankie would repeat his win last year, however I think I may chance it on drumshambo at the bigger prices. RF would also be a decent bet

shmeee wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMnVQ0_1kJ4

Do ye see £300k there?

Pure at his ease, the camera man did make a balls of it though. :D

Didn't look like a horse that cost 300k there, coming third @ 7/4. Beaten 13Ls. Was given a lot to do to even get up to the pace.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

shmeee wrote: »
    Didn't look like a horse that cost 300k there, coming third @ 7/4. Beaten 13Ls. Was given a lot to do to even get up to the pace.

Looked like a bit of schooling

Well Friday racing is officially ****!!

Mental note dont ever back Alisier dIrlande, Skyfarmer and Turban!!

• Advertisement

Shemale wrote: »
    Well Friday racing is officially ****!!

Mental note dont ever back Alisier dIrlande, Skyfarmer and Turban!!

Turban was shocking, a dog of a yoke by.

Here is a laugh, did a sixfold with trebles:

Storm of Swords 1250 Hay
    Turban 120 Hay
    Stephanie Frances 155 Hay
    How About It 305 Hay
    Alister dIrlande 100 Asc
    The Skyfarmer 130 Asc

Might lay How About It but reckon it would win, ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Black_Ninja

Double for Davy so far in Ffos Llas

Double for Davy so far in Ffos Llas

Backed the one the ****er didnt win on.

2.50 Rosa Fleet looks worth a few sheckles at 8/1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭rossom

Stephanie Frances definitely scratched off a horse I'll be following this year. Too bad to be true but couldn't trust her again as.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,404 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Lots of withdrawals, a price crash and some hot recent form (when compared to the field at least) suggest that Chicago Girl is a shoe-in to break its duck in the 7:10 at Dundalk. Some 5/4 still available.

rossom wrote: »
    Stephanie Frances definitely scratched off a horse I'll be following this year. Too bad to be true but couldn't trust her again as.

Big time thank god I didn't follow through on that mares hurdle bet!

Noverre Princess 16/1 in the next at Dundalk. Had been going nowhere up until very recently, but seemed to find something last time out. If it can replicate that form, it should do well again. Horse comes with a government health warning though, has been a big let down, so obvious choice is to take this one on e/w.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Had a tentative each way bet Kilruane Shea in the 8.10 at 33s.

I've backed this fella a couple of times this year, thought his season opening mark of 66 was workable based on his maiden form and was sure he'd pop up in the winners circle. Hasn't worked out for him though. Couple of half promising runs but nothing to write home about and in those runs only came into the races toward the latter end without ever threatening. Outpaced in a number of his runs this year.
    Marked step up in trip which RP says looks beyond his breeding- which I can't say I've enough knowledge to check out, but there is some nice form on the stallions side over 10 and 12.
    He's since moved stable since his last run here and is off a mark of 51 tonight, which he really should be able to take advantage of if he reproduces anything close to his maiden form.
    We often see improvements in a horses performance(same owner too so there might be a reason they holding onto him) when switching stables and the fact he's completely unexposed over this trip give me enough reason to back at the price.
    The negatives are obvious, and to be fair those at the head of the market have solid claims, but an encouraging run will keep him in my tracker for another day.

Doux Douce in the next at Dundalk. 17/2 best price. Another horse that has been a major disappointment, but has started to look useful at this kind of level.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭mr.jingle

Innoko really should win this but its hard to compare uk&ire form, very unlucky last week. Carroll already had a winner

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

I'm not a big backer of the All weather but i have it on good authority that Enzani's a smart animal and the yard will be disappointed if they don't win tonight. Dundalk's a notoriously difficult track for inexperienced horses and having only his second run i won't be having a big punt with some horses having a good few runs under their belts but at the likely 13/8 6/4 i'll ave a little play.

I'm not a big backer of the All weather but i have it on good authority that Enzani's a smart animal and the yard will be disappointed if they don't win tonight. Dundalk's a notoriously difficult track for inexperienced horses and having only his second run i won't be having a big punt with some horses having a good few runs under their belts but at the likely 13/8 6/4 i'll ave a little play.
    Very crafty ride, horse given just enough to do to win the race. Think it might even be a little better than what that race suggested.

Advertisement