Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking madness on popes quay.

Options
  • 20-11-2014 9:11pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 115 ✭✭

There were people parked all over the place this evening. All handicap spots taken too. I doubt they were all disable, unless there was a Lourdes style healing session going on in the church.

They way one beamer was parked was so ridiculous i had to take a photo of it. If I send the photo to the guards or council would anything be done? Would he get a fine in the letterbox? Is it worth reporting idiots with photo evidence?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Post it here. Block out reg maybe although that doesn't really matter. Used to be a fantastic thread about this kinda thing before in the motors forum.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 115 ✭✭nomeban

imgur.com/Sn2cDR5.jpg

I can't post links so you'll have to copy and paste that into the browser.

I'm sure you know that you have to reverse into those spots.

I couldn't use that spot because of that ignorant idiot. Had to go up some alleyway around Shandon street.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,150 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Ludo wrote: »
    Post it here. Block out reg maybe although that doesn't really matter.

Please DONT post pictures with registrations showing as it can identify people and lead to conflict - this is a discussion not a witch hunt.

Post a reg & you'll get a ban

Ta

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

In fairness thats a pretty awful effort at parking!Sn2cDR5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭Fabio

What an absolute langball. Selfish f*******....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

Wow that's something! I have possibly seen one to top this 'though; Last evening wakling out of Wilton shopping centre - there are a few disabled parking spots just outside the door. Well, an old black Polo was parked perpendicularly in them, taking up not one, not two but three of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭lostinsuperfunk

As long as the mass goers were unaffected then shur it's grand

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭Dermo123

SomeFool wrote: »
    In fairness thats a pretty awful effort at parking!Sn2cDR5.jpg

I would have parallel parked beside them.....

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Gormley85

Dermo123 wrote: »
    I would have parallel parked beside them.....

And then get your mate to park in the next spot just in front of him so hes well boxed in....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 115 ✭✭nomeban

Here's another one from this evening.

imgur.com/36vEP51.jpg

Seriously though can we report these feckers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

South Main Street cycle lane is currently being used as a car park, making it dangerous for cyclists using the contraflow. Seems as if the Anglesea Street traffic cops are too busy eating doughnuts otherwise engaged.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

South Main Street cycle lane is currently being used as a car park, making it dangerous for cyclists using the contraflow. Seems as if the Anglesea Street traffic cops are too busy eating doughnuts otherwise engaged.

Saw it blocked the other day primarily by a Garda van.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Subpopulus

One thing I hate is the amount of people using the wide pavement on Cornmarket Street as a surface car park. On weekends about 20/30 people park their cars here.

It's right outside the Bridewell Garda Station FFS!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,845 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Subpopulus wrote: »
    One thing I hate is the amount of people using the wide pavement on Cornmarket Street as a surface car park. On weekends about 20/30 people park their cars here.

Drives me effing crazy too.
    I've even written to the council about it but nothing is ever done. They did put a stop to that on Emmet Place, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Knasher

They were out there on Saturday evening taking down license numbers. So maybe they plan on doing something about it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Someone is going to get knocked down there one of these days. It's a crazy situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Knasher wrote: »
    They were out there on Saturday evening taking down license numbers. So maybe they plan on doing something about it now.

Lived there for three years. The guards have always been issuing fines for parking there. I've witnessed id say literally thousands of numbers been taken in my time there. You might get lucky if you're there for a short while, but if your there all day you'll be caught. They seem to let it be until there's a critical mass of cars and then two or three guards will head out. If someone's blocking their access, they're out immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Subpopulus

Lived there for three years. The guards have always been issuing fines for parking there. I've witnessed id say literally thousands of numbers been taken in my time there. You might get lucky if you're there for a short while, but if your there all day you'll be caught. They seem to let it be until there's a critical mass of cars and then two or three guards will head out. If someone's blocking their access, they're out immediately.

Do people not learn? Or is it a case of having to issue at least one ticket to every one of the potentially tens of thousands of people who are willing to chance their arm before this thing gets stamped out?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

There's even more of them recently, some are parking on the footpath right up next to the Cornmarket restaurant. Must be nice if you're sitting outside the restaurant and cars start pulling right up to your table.. I know it's a smoking area, but I think they meant cigarette smoke.

Advertisement