Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2007 Skoda Octavia Service Book

Options
  • 20-11-2014 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys:

I was in a car accident last week and the car has been written off.

The valuation crowd are looking for my copy of my Service Book to be emailed to them.

I genuinely have a full service history with it and swore blind the book was in the car.

It's gone missing and where I had it serviced in Sandyford is gone out of business.

I rang Skoda but they can't help as they don't keep central records.

Does anyone have a similar Skoda on here that could help a fellow boards user out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,387 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

That would be fraud.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,280 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I don't think that will make a huge difference to the insurance valuation.
    Anyway, would you have bank statements showing services paid for or do you not have receipts for the services.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

If it has one ring skoda/vw Ireland direct and see will they help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭PurvesGrundy

If it has one ring skoda/vw Ireland direct and see will they help.

It might be worth ringing Kingstown Motors in Stillorgan, as they were the same business as Autostation Sandyford. They may have Autostation's service records on their database.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,266 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Did you pay with cash or by credit/debit card normally, you may be able to get bank statements to back up your case.

• Advertisement
Advertisement