Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin repair Dublin?

Options
  • 20-11-2014 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭

My garmin fr110 appears to have drowned during last nights lsr . I though it was supposed to be waterproof but lately it has been misting up when running in the rain . Lat night It just stopped working all together .Blank screen.

I though the battery had died but it's still the same after charging it. Blank screen. No lights or display. Looks like it's dead Jim It's just over a year old so out of warranty. I got it in argos

Anyone know where I can leave it to get fixed or is it better bin it and replace it. I'm a little concerned at the misting up issue, apart from that it has always done exactly what I wanted of it .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭emerald007

Did you try leaving it on top of a radiator to dry out for a day or two and then fully recharge it?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

The FR110 is IPX7 rated or "Protected against water immersion - Immersion for 30 minutes at a depth of 1 meter."

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

emerald007 wrote: »
    Did you try leaving it on top of a radiator to dry out for a day or two and then fully recharge it?

or leave it in a sealed tub of rice

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

tunney wrote: »
    The FR110 is IPX7 rated or "Protected against water immersion - Immersion for 30 minutes at a depth of 1 meter."

It was a wet night but it couldn't have been that wet.

I have it in a tub of rice as advised by RayCun I'll see how that goes

• Registered Users Posts: 19,505 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

The Muppet wrote: »
    It was a wet night but it couldn't have been that wet.

I have it in a tub of rice as advised by RayCun I'll see how that goes
    Throw in some dessicant, if you can get your hands on some. Those little sachets you get in new suits, bags, or LIDL/ALDI box products. Failing that, a couple of the lids from those Vitamin C tubes (dessicant/charcoal) will help.

You can't really get something like that repaired locally. Best option is to send it back to Garmin. If it's out of warranty, they'll offer to substitute the product for a similar refurbished product for a fee (usually around £75). I don't think it's economically viable for the lower-end watches, as the cost is too great when weighed against the price of a replacement watch (when you take warranties, etc. into account).

• Advertisement
Advertisement