Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW 750i Opinions

Options
  • 20-11-2014 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

I'm considering buying a 2005-2007 BMW 750i and wanted to see if anyone on here has any experience of owning and running one?

I don't do much mileage so I don't mind the fuel costs. I'm expecting somewhere around 20mpg? Is that realistic or am I delusional? Obviously tax is quite expensive but not that much more than the 3l diesel version. Insurance isn't an issue.

I will be looking for one with a comprehensive service history and will get a full check on it before buying to try to eliminate the possibility of huge repair bills during ownership.

Any input would be appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

@Voodoomelon should be able to help. He owns a 740Li.

Valve stem seals are too be watched out for.

20 MPG? Depends on your driving in fairness...

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭landmarkjohn

I drive a 2007 730i since February and the only thing I have done is oil change when bought and 10 K miles later and a new sunroof seal, easy enough job, seal is €30, symptoms are wind noise when interior screen is back i.e you can see through sunroof. The only other thing I notice is that the heated rear window sometimes interferes with the radio, switching HRW on off sometimes clears, might be a bargaining point if you can create it (hopefully not)

If you can get a 1 owner car the type of people that can buy these cars new don't tend to rag them around country lanes or handbrake turns in the car park so if it has a service history you have a good chance. The transmission is supposed to be sealed for life but the debate goes on with most reckoning oil change from 60K on but I have heard of one 730i going to nearly 300K miles with no change. If I could get my transmission oil changed and be absolutely confident of correct fluid and procedure for reasonable cost then i would probably get it done.

Some say this E65/E66 model is better than the unsettled F01/02 model. Very good car IMO, excellent cruiser and doesn't feel to big around town.

Advertisement