Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turtle Beach PX4 Headset?

Options
  • 20-11-2014 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

Anyone know if they're good? or any other recommendations? Looking for a headset for my PS4 that is wireless, once it has good life while not charging, good sound and a good mic I'm easy, looks don't really bother me. Also name of stores which do better deals would help too

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Have a set myself. Absolutely fantastic. They're going for €117.99 in Argos which is a saving of €79 which is pretty sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

A few of us on here use them . I don't know of any complaints. I'm really happy with mine. The battery life is fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Would they be much better then the playstation wireless ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

They should be, they cost a good bit more.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

phill106 wrote: »
    Would they be much better then the playstation wireless ones?

I have both, and the Playstation Wireless Headset, holds up surprisingly well against the PX4. The PX4 however, has far, far superior battery life, but the Playstation one is last I checked a lot cheaper, and the custom sound profiles are great as well. The PX4 requires you connect a wire to your controller, whereas the the Playstation one is completely wireless. The build quality of the Playstation one isn't as good as the PX4 as well.

The PX4 will work with pretty much anything btw, I use if for TV, PC, PS3, Xbox One, Xbox 360, but the Playstation one will only work with PC , PS4, PS3, Vita, and any device with head phone output, but you won't be able to use any of the surround sound etc via the head phone output.

Either way there both good headsets, and you won't be disappointed in either one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭SpuddMurphy

wes wrote: »
    Either way there both good headsets, and you won't be disappointed in either one.

Know where is doing the best price for the PS4 one? If it's much cheaper might have to get it..

Know where is doing the best price for the PS4 one? If it's much cheaper might have to get it..

Amazon have them both with the PX4s being just £12 more expensive. Good deal I think.

Amazon have them both with the PX4s being just £12 more expensive. Good deal I think.

So just go for the PX4s? Deal I'm looking at is http://www.amazon.co.uk/Turtle-Beach-PX4-Wireless-Headset/dp/B00EI4V3X2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1416833971&sr=8-1&keywords=turtle+beach+px4+headset, Suppose I might as well get the stand with it?
    Also while I have some of your attention which of the analog covers would you recommend best? My analogs are ripped on both controllers..

So just go for the PX4s?

I have the PS ones and while they are ok and do the job I'd like something a bit "punchier". I have considered the PX4 for a while, what puts me off them is that it takes up both USB ports from what I have read and the setup looks very messy compared to the PS headset.

I have the PS ones and while they are ok and do the job I'd like something a bit "punchier". I have considered the PX4 for a while, what puts me off them is that it takes up both USB ports from what I have read and the setup looks very messy compared to the PS headset.

Sure its only one usb port, looks of standard width?

• Advertisement

PX4 only uses one usb port, and it only uses the port for power, so you could plug it into your TV usb port if you have one, so you can leave your PS4 port free. Btw, there are new DTS PS4 headsets coming out from Turtle Beach this year, might be worth a look, but might be a lot more expensive.

Ah, looks like the price has gone down a lot since I last checked.

If anyone has this reserved in argos since yesterday, pick it up today, it went back up to 196 euro, so I will be collecting it at 117 today :)

If anyone has this reserved in argos since yesterday, pick it up today, it went back up to 196 euro, so I will be collecting it at 117 today :)

Awh Sh1t, Think they'll still be on Amazon for around 113 euro, when you change the pound over, or around that..

^Ok never mind that, just checked it's 108.99 pounds, which is 137.23 euro.

Yeah, the price of the PX4 shot up on Amazon today. Amazon sold out and it's third party sellers selling them now. There were just under €100 on Monday and yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Crap, And I was looking to buy a pair of these soon! Might wait for any deals.

Picked em up this evening, had a quick game with them of the last of us, huge difference to the sound, definitely gives you a better sense of where the noises are coming from. Would recommend!
    also got a 10 voucher with it from argos for spending over 100, so that helps!

Klair88 wrote: »
    Crap, And I was looking to buy a pair of these soon! Might wait for any deals.

Same as myself, going to have to wait for a deal to pop up for them..

there is a guy selling one on adverts if anyone is looking, he was to slow getting back to me though so i went to argos.

there is a guy selling one on adverts if anyone is looking, he was to slow getting back to me though so i went to argos.

Just checked there, one is asking for 95euro but lives in Kilkenny, if you lived near could probably get that to about 80ish, another asking for 120 but from Limerick. Looks like I'll just have to wait

• Advertisement

GAME.co.uk have them £75 for Black Friday, don't know what postage would be on them.

Just checked there, one is asking for 95euro but lives in Kilkenny, if you lived near could probably get that to about 80ish, another asking for 120 but from Limerick. Looks like I'll just have to wait

there was one in limerick, he was asking 120, id say he would play ball if its priced lower now..

The PX4s are back down to £75 on Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

Anyone got any opinions on the Turtle Beach Stealth 500P? I like the idea that you don't have to wire the chat mike into the controller

Advertisement