Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small Business Saturday - 6th December

Options
  • 20-11-2014 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭

Something I became aware of last year in the US and made a bit of a go of by downloading the logo pack and tweeting with the hashtag. Last year was a bit of fun and a conversation piece with customers.

This year a conversation on Twitter last night has a small group of us trying to make a go of this in Ireland.

Short notice but riding on the coattails of the UK #SmallBizSat on 6th December this is a chance for all of Ireland's small local businesses to speak up and be heard. All too often we are overlooked in favour of the big multiples who might be able to beat us on price (sometimes) but can never match the customer service in the small shops.

We have been onto Retail Excellence Ireland this morning they are putting a press release together and involving all their members.

When I say 'we' it is you, me, all of us working together in business for each other.

If you can be part of this, or promote this, or have media contacts that can be of help, it would be greatly appreciated.

I'm on Twitter @Amphkingwest & Damien has posted on LinkedIn this morning a sort of mission statement that we are circulating to as many people as possible.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Is it a similar idea to Irish Biz Party you might see their #irishbizparty hashtag flying round on Tuesday evenings. I think they set up #BuyFromAnSMEThisXmas which has been doing the rounds a bit lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

jimmii wrote: »
    Is it a similar idea to Irish Biz Party you might see their #irishbizparty hashtag flying round on Tuesday evenings. I think they set up #BuyFromAnSMEThisXmas which has been doing the rounds a bit lately.

Thanks jimmii. I suppose the hope is to piggyback the SM trend that will be through the US the week before and to go with the UK as Northern Ireland are doing #SmallBizSaturday this weekend which is too short notice.

If nothing else it will help raise the profile of small Irish business.

Retail Excellence Ireland have taken this on and are working with media outlets and their database of businesses to make #SmallBizSaturday happen this year.

I think it is a great opportunity for small businesses to step up and showcase what they can do in terms of knowledge, personal touch and customer service compared to online or multinational chains (& keep money locally)

Anyone else any thoughts? Good, bad or indifferent?

329063.jpg

Anyone else getting involved or doing anything special for Small Biz Saturday this weekend?

Great opportunity for any small or new business to get your name out there and benefit from any form of association with the chatter that's been on the radio & social media pages over the past week or two.

Advertisement