Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harp Lager - Bottles

Options
  • 20-11-2014 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

Does anyone know any off license in Dublin ( or surrounding area's) that sells bottles of Harp? it seems you have to go to Dundalk to find them. Cans are plentiful but surely somewhere sells the pint bottles as some pubs still do.

The pint bottles are lovely before i hear the usual about chemicals and Harp :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,834 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

sorry to ask a slightly tangental question, but where are the cans plentiful?
    Do the supermarkets stock them (and if so which ones) or is it in the off licence ?
    I'll be needing some beer at christmas possibly, should I run low on what I bring in the car back from Germany.

I have to agree that Harp is a fine beer. Had some in Italy as a dare and ended up questioning the barmaid as to whether she made a mistake on the beer and whether I got served something else, as I was expecting undrinkable muck. Thats how nice it was.
    Tried it again in a country town in Ireland and it was equally as good.
    From memory it was very much like a Munich helles, not like other beers that attempt to be b@stardised watered down chemical laden continental pils type brew.

I wouldnt be surprised if they changed the recipe somewhere along the line, but as a multinational they will never admit to such a thing in case existing drinkers take the hump even though that might convince others to give it a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭jhammer

I would say a six pack of Harp is available in any large off license. Sometimes at Christmas you would see tray's of 24 but any Dunnes, Supervalue, large Spar should have cans.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 On the Bench

It is available in pint bottles, I asked a Diageo rep and its up to the pub/shop to order them. I have never seen Harp pint bottles, only the small bottles in Newry. I must say I like Harp but its not easy to find on draught here in Offaly.

Advertisement