Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi A4 B7 1.9 tdi Power Dip/shudder at 105kph

Options
  • 20-11-2014 1:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭

Hi all have an Audi A4 1.9 tdi 115bhp b7 model, great car. I have noticed driving it over to London, from home, that it has like a dip in power or shudder at 105kph. Everywhere else is good. Mileage is good, consumption and acceleration is good. Shes a little black smoky but I hear its normal for these. Anyway, I'm wondering what this could be. Would anyone have any ideas, going back home in a couple of weeks back to Laois, so wondering what it is. I'm thinking could it be the mass airflow sensor or egr. Has anyone suffered the same symptoms? Thanks for the help in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭madmac187

Any and all help is welcome thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Could be a number of things. My Passat does the same thing at 80km. I was told it's the fuel pressure reg. Nothing to worry about if it's only happening at that speed. If you are losing power ie the car is slowing down it might be worthwhile plugging it in for a diagnostic. Could be a sensor

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ION08

Could be an injector issue.

Not sure about black smoke being "normal" :confused:

I've an 02 A4 1.9 TDI with 139k on the clock and not a peep of black smoke, 0% on the NCT smoke test and it's remapped!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭crasy dash

My 2007 a4 1.9tdi that had about 157km on it always blew smokey,

I bought it at 105km ran on staoil topaz diesel and always serviced early
    never had an ounce of trouble with it though.

Sorry op cant help you with your fault though:rolleyes:

Advertisement