Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You Have Got To, No You NEED One Of These

Options
  • 20-11-2014 12:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭

Got my ORCHID V4 clone today from fasttech 12 dollar , i have got to review this here.

If you havent got one yet , order it , what a great tank.

It is a cross between a kayfun and a Magma , it has better flavor than a kayfun and vapor as good as a magma.

4ml tank , my first build on it dual coil 8wraps with .4 wire came out .4omhs and is vaping super , top filled it like a kayfun and no leaking problems.

Some of my juices did not taste good in a magma but in the orchid so far they have all been very good and even at .4omh it has not felt too hot or harsh like my magma has done, i am on my 3rd tankful and feel like i have found a new ADV.

Also by chance i had ordered the stainless steel and brass sentinel M16 clone as a spare, turns out these 2 together are a thing of beauty and for about 23 euro.

Also i havent had a dry hit , best tank so far by a country mile

One problem i did have : i used .4 wire and i found it very hard to get screws to bite with this thick wire, next time i will be using .2 as i would rather be up around .8omh , but i could see this being a problem maybe for some

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

I have one on its way but the juice consumption of this thing has me more worried than the water charges!

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭masonchat

Mr. Chrome wrote: »
    I have one on its way but the juice consumption of this thing has me more worried than the water charges!

Haha yeah i have 3 tanks gone so far today but it is .4 omh and im hoping will be a little slower and hopefully as good up around .8-1omh

But it hasnt left my hand all day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

12ml in one day? Ouch. I'm using about 3ml maximum.

i have been chain vaping all day : - ) , im sure i could get it down to 2 tanks

I'm at 10ml(ish) a day so I cant really afford to go higher but I'm hoping the orchid will be useful when I'm drinking and I need that extra oomph >.<

• Advertisement

I watched a video before i built it, to get the coils over the air holes you dont put the coil wires through post 1 and 2 but through post 1 and 3 , if ya get me ?

Yeah, I get you, I've been watchin a few vids too. The long leg on the negative side of the coils always looked wrong to me but I guess it works.
    The wicking looks a bit more tricky, some have little strands of cotton going down the juice channel and fluffy on top, aka the mullet :-) . Some have the wick just sitting on the deck and not covering the juice channels, some cover the juice channels.. I see fun times ahead.

I filled the channels with about half the wick , didnt pack it tight or anything but put what i could in there without interfering with the treads mullet.

Also when you have 1 coil in and then try to put in the other one its like wtf how do i get the leg out past the first coil, and i still dont know , i just let it through under the first coil and wiggled it off

I remember someone mention they turn the legs upwards on the 2nd coil before they put it trough the posts so the legs naturally turn up and end up above the first coil, then wiggle or cut it off...if you follow me.

Yeah i follow , easier to leave it run under and wiggle so id say seems like a wiggle either way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

Anyone compare this to the Aspire Nautilis? I'm ordering stuff from slowtech on Friday anyway, so I might throw one of these into the mix. I fail to understand how it doesn't flood though...

This video seems to show the liquid just 'dripping' into the chamber?

Well the wicks you can see in the video , i seperated about 1/4 of each end and and filled the downward juice channels been workin very well no dry hits no leaks

Advertisement