Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why do no batteries have wireless (Qi) charging built in?

Options
  • 19-11-2014 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭

Just wondering.

Picked up a few charging pads and then added wireless charging to my phones (Moto G and Samsung GS3). Sounds silly, but it's great just to put your phone down and know it's charging.

I'm really surprised no batts are shipping with wireless charging built in. I know I could mod my iLeaf iStick for wireless charging (when I get it), but I'm surprised manufacturers aren't adding this to make there device stand out from the crowd.

Here's a link on Amazon, in case someone doesn't know just how small these charging pads are.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

The vaporshark has it as an extra, you slide it into the rubber protective case. Pretty neat idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

Mr. Chrome wrote: »
    The vaporshark has it as an extra, you slide it into the rubber protective case. Pretty neat idea.

Cool! I haven't had the iStick in my hand yet, but I'm hoping I can do something similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

The VaporShark rDNA40 comes with integrated wireless charging,still not sold on wireless charging myself its faster to just plug it in

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

Stealthirl wrote: »
    The VaporShark rDNA40 comes with integrated wireless charging,still not sold on wireless charging myself its faster to just plug it in

Its great for my phone. Just place it on the desk and its charging. Oh, and my car cradle.

Advertisement