Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

White Estate?

Options
  • 19-11-2014 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

I've finally made a decision on the new work car I'm going for a A6 avant 190 dsg but the colour choice is uninteresting to say the least (don't like red!) So I'm thinking of going for a glacier white one with black styling pack and privacy glass.

Question is... do you think I will get away with this on a big car? All the white cars I'm seeing recently are small hatchbacks.

Opinions welcome

B

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭freddieot

It can look good as a colour on a large car but IMO very much depends on the car. Neighbour has a white 520, looks great. Mate has a white C class, looks great. However, I've seen an E Class near where I work that looks Sh**e in white. I think the A6 would look good in white but I have never seen one in that colour.

I had a white Mitsubishi Lancer myself a good few years ago. Absolute nightmare keeping it looking even moderately clean, just so you know you will be in the car wash a lot !

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

If it's an S-Line you might get away with it, if it's an SE I wouldn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,424 ✭✭✭JoeA3

It only works if the car looks "sporty" IMO, i.e. Big wheels, lowered suspension, privacy glass, etc. It suits S-Line spec'd Audi's for sure but can look very limp on a base spec / "SE" car.

Dark / gun metal grey looks great on new Audi's too I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,827 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Would you consider a Skoda Superb Estate, better standard spec than the A6....

240425-2313437.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 73,427 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The Superb looks terrible in White

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,179 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

S Line pulls it off, SE not so.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭JohnxF

NIMAN wrote: »

Dunno, looks grand to me!

That looks good in white but the wheels are a fraction too small I'd say. How the car looks is going to be a combination of a few things such as colour, window tints, wheel size and type and body kit. White wouldn't be my choice of colour and it seems to come in many different shades. There's a fairly new e class at work with a horrible white shade on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Bren_C

Thanks for the replies guys lets see if the budget can stretch to the S-line. Already in a skoda superb so want a change!

Advertisement