Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Headphones Volume On Android Much Lower Then iOS - Any Fixes?

Options
  • 19-11-2014 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭

I've recently switched over to android from iOS and I've found that the headphones volume when listening to music is so low on my xperia z3 compared to my old iPhone 5.

I've done a bit of googling and it seems this is a common thing.
    The way around this is to root the phone and then it's simple to higher up the overall volume of the phone.

I don't want to go down the rooting path, but I've seen these "volume booster" apps on the google play store that claim to raise the overall volume of the phone by an extra 20-40%.
    Has anyone tried these and do they work?

Anyone else find the volume on their android device not up to par?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

For what its worth, my headphone volume goes higher than my eardrums can handle.
    Are you using the same headphones?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Quit the app and raise the volume when on the homescreen. You'll get a notification warning. OK it.

My Nexus 7 does this - headphone volume limited to 50%, no option to go higher when some apps are open.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭stoksyXL

Quit the app and raise the volume when on the homescreen. You'll get a notification warning. OK it.

My Nexus 7 does this - headphone volume limited to 50%, no option to go higher when some apps are open.

Done all this, still not up to par.

And I'm using Philips headphones, they're a bit quieter then the apple buds, but still, the volume of the phone could do with going up a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭biketard

I have a similar issue, OP. I've found that the app SpeakerBoost helps (despite the name, it works with headphones too).
    Make sure you read the instructions about having to go into its setting if you want to increase the volume even more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭deep1

stoksyXL wrote: »
    I've recently switched over to android from iOS and I've found that the headphones volume when listening to music is so low on my xperia z3 compared to my old iPhone 5.

I've done a bit of googling and it seems this is a common thing.
    The way around this is to root the phone and then it's simple to higher up the overall volume of the phone.

I don't want to go down the rooting path, but I've seen these "volume booster" apps on the google play store that claim to raise the overall volume of the phone by an extra 20-40%.
    Has anyone tried these and do they work?

Anyone else find the volume on their android device not up to par?

There is an option on most android to setup adapt sound, find it under setting, go through the setup and should be fine afterwards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭stoksyXL

biketard wrote: »
    I have a similar issue, OP. I've found that the app SpeakerBoost helps (despite the name, it works with headphones too).
    Make sure you read the instructions about having to go into its setting if you want to increase the volume even more.

Tried that and no luck, seems like it made the volume lower!
    But saying that, there's a few speaker booster apps on the Google play store all named that. So what one is yours, who makes it?

And yes, I've gone into android settings and adjusted the audio there. Still poxy quiet compared to my old iPhone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

just wondering whats the bit rate on the song(s) you are playing? if its low then you might want to re-encode.
    I dont have a sony but on my phone google music songs at full volume using oppo earphones are way too loud. There is no way you could listen to it :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaSCaDe711

Check out the FiiO amps. Regularly use an old Nokia as my out and about MP3 player (Nokia 5800), and the FiiO amps work wonders.

http://www.dx.com/p/fiio-e6-portable-headphone-amplifier-102124

Try find an E3, have both E3 and E6, but noticed the E6 battery discharges fairly quickly (compared to a Duracell put into the E3).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

Think I have an old e3 if the op wants i can look for it. I dont use it

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭biketard

stoksyXL wrote: »
    Tried that and no luck, seems like it made the volume lower!
    But saying that, there's a few speaker booster apps on the Google play store all named that. So what one is yours, who makes it?

And yes, I've gone into android settings and adjusted the audio there. Still poxy quiet compared to my old iPhone.

Sorry, it's this one: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mobi.omegacentauri.SpeakerBoost&hl=en

It worked really well on my previous phone (a Sony Xperia something or other), but I have to admit on my current phone (an ASUS padfone) it makes less of a difference. Did you go into the app's settings and make sure you made the max volume boost 100%? I think by default it's only 40% or 60%.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Or you could use an App called Equalizer. Integrates with spotify and google play music and no risk. The amp control option really helps my Note 4 which has about half the headphone amp output of the S5.

Advertisement