Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weird route markings on South Ring

Options
  • 19-11-2014 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭

Noticed today heading east on the South Ring just by the Douglas exit that they have N25 painted on the left lane and N40 on the right lane, then another 100m or so they have N40 on both lanes. Did someone get confused while painting the new surface I wonder...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭65535

As far as I know...

The N25 used to be all of that road but now has been designated N40 and the N25 (Cork <-> Waterford) starts at Dunkettle

• Registered Users Posts: 18,139 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

65535 wrote: »
    As far as I know...

The N25 used to be all of that road but now has been designated N40 and the N25 (Cork <-> Waterford) starts at Dunkettle

The thing is that section has been recently resurfaced so the markings are only very new.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭xabi

65535 wrote: »
    As far as I know...

You're right, it is the N40 it hasnt been the N25 for a while but those markings have only been placed in the past week or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭paulhardman

Methinks somebody screwed up and copied what was still on the old road instead of replacing it with the new number!

@65535 is right, it's the N22 from Tralee to Ballincollig, the N40 from Ballincollig to Dunkettle, then the N25 from Dunkettle to Rosslare.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Yeah, it's the N40, bloody eejits!
    Spotted it the other day coming home from work.

• Advertisement

Also noticed that they have already had to dig up sections and re do them around the douglas exits.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

There are future plans to have the N40 to be Corks version of the M50.It will link up with the North Ring road to completely encircle the city.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/N40_road_%28Ireland%29

There are future plans to have the N40 to be Corks version of the M50.It will link up with the North Ring road to completely encircle the city.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/N40_road_%28Ireland%29

Its badly needed along with sorting out Dunkettle, noy holding my breath though.

Advertisement