Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Event] Challenge Bahrain

Options
  • 19-11-2014 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭

That's some stacked field for both the men & women

Will be interesting see how it plays out.

Is Thornton the only Irish Pro racing? Or is the Morrison in the womens field, Aileen?

P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,594 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

I think Deirdre Casey is also racing.

Strong fields both sides though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭zico10

pgibbo wrote: »
    Is Thornton the only Irish Pro racing? Or is the Morrison in the womens field, Aileen?

P

I'd imagine it's Catriona Morrison from Scotland.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

zico10 wrote: »
    I'd imagine it's Catriona Morrison from Scotland.

I should have twigged that! Old age is an awful thing :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

what a female field !!!! 2 olympic medalists , current hawaii champ. miss 70.3 m hausschild ( if she has recovered from injury) the female craig walton Alicia kaye etc etc the best half ironman female field ever
    only missing is what i think is the best 70.3 athelte ever nicola spirig, the current 70.3 champ ryf and anne haug .
    my pick for the win if in shape would be jodie stimpson.

in the male i think only tim don has a realistic chance to beat the peaking micheal ralert. van berkel and reed the most serious podium contender. male filed looks more like germany vs australia meet.

One should not forget that the bahrain system is not the most democratic but i think its total fab that we see one of the very best fields ever that kind of ends a monopoly in the long distance world.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

It will be interesting to see how Jodie Stimpson & Lisa Norden race after the camp in Iten. I see (pics on twitter) they are still in Iten with Aileen and the rest of the squad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

i think it will be more interesting which ahtletes will treat it as an all expenses paid ( and for the stars a royal treatmnet ) 'holiday 'and who will be there for the price money .

Advertisement